Thursday, August 30, 2007

I might have a problem......







IS there something that you buy just over and over again? I mean you buy it and then have it for two weeks and decide NO this one is not PERFECT I need this other one.... and then you buy that one and then you know lather rinse repeat...

For me, I have no idea why but it is two things.. though one I have conquered, the other I still struggle with.

For a log time it was planners.. yes planners, as in DAYTIMER, Franklin Covey... Imust have like 20 of them. When the house exploded Bill found them all over the house. I bought them for him too, One that would hold his phone one would hold his phone and palm pilot, ont that was smaller one that was larger. THen I had mine: I had a big one and it was too big, so I got a smaller one and itwas the perfect size but it did not hold my Palm Pilot so then I got a small one that did But then it looked so I don't know MANLY so then I got one that was more girl ish but it did not have a zipper So I needed a more girl one WITH a zipper... i was insane!!!!!!!!!

I finally found the Franklin Covey UNSTRUCTURE binder and though I am still nutty because I have two sizes of them, I have kept mine for over a year and not bought a new on in a looooong time.

What cured me was actually dealing with Franklin Covey, the company. I had ordered this UNSTRUCTURE on in pink once and it was so cute in the picture. When I got it it was uggo the color of Pepto Bismol SO UGLY so I called them and said that I wanted to return it.

I figured they would be nice to me because I had ordered SOOO many things from them in the past.. and they were so RUDE tey were like yeah ok whatever send it back. what ever. ARGH I was mad about this and that was my last binder. I hate to even look at the catalog now, and I still use that last one I bought.

My OTHER obsession is LL BEAN canvas tote bags. HOW MANY does a person need? I have so many and I get more every day it is SAD SAD SAD. BUT you know, I got over the planner thing... I finally have one I like, too.

8 comments:

Ginger Hunter said...

Hey I am the same way with Harrods bags, they are just cheapy bags but I buy a boatload everytime I go for people, they act like they love them, but probably think I am weird...

Anonymous said...

I used to have a lot of empty beer bottles around the house, but when I lost my job and my house, the problem was taken care of.

tydwbleach said...

sorry to hear you lost your house, Anon. And your beer bottles....

GInger why do you go to Harrods all the time? I went there when I was in London... IT was nice. Cool.

I have a huge plastic grocery bag collection in a giant Cheerios Box under our kitchen sink. Surprisingly it neither melted nor was destroyed by the blast. However Bill wishes it had been. I yell at him every time he goes to throw away one of those bags But then when we are in the car on along trip faced with miles of a stinky diaper or something, and I whip one out, THEN he likes them.

Anonymous said...

It's very strange that when you go on a long car trip, you pack a stinky diaper. Or, perhaps, you wear the diaper, like that astronaut? Ick.

Ginger Hunter said...

I recycle grocery bags in the diaper bag too! I took a couple of law classes in the UK a few years back and now I try to return every chance I get. Harrods also has a mini shop in Gatwick airport for essentials and MORE bags!

tydwbleach said...

NO.. Anon my THREE YEAR OLD wears the diapers

hahahha That astronaut was Ccrrrrazy


Ok so GInger if you have become a BARRISTER over in the UK would you have had to wear one of those white wigs?

Ginger Hunter said...

Yes, but only in Court. Juniors have tacky horsehair-like wigs but when you become a full advocate your parents traditionally buy you a very nice wig and you get a nicer gown and jabot.

tydwbleach said...

Well did you see the new Master THespian? What do you think? I should have let you picked it...