Friday, January 11, 2008

Let's try something new...



SO Master Thespian is getting old, and last week I tried something a little different. This week I will try yet another approach to see if you like this better:

MASTER THESPIAN CAGE MATCH/LOVE MATCH:

Part 1:
In a Cage Match, (which I am not even sure what that is, I think it has something to do with wrestling inside of a dog crate possibly) Who would win, and why, between these two Master Thespians:

A Cate Blanchett v Gwyneth Paltrow

B Rob Lowe v Robert Downey Jr

C Meryl Streep v Jane Fonda

Part 2:
In a Love Match, who would make the most interesting couple, as in, who would you most like to have dinner with?

1 Lindsay Lohan and Burt Bacharach

2 Bette Davis and Johnny Depp

3 Reese Witherspoon and Billy Bob Thornton


I cannot wait to see what answers you post...

Here are mine:

1A
I think Gwynneth would win because she does all of that yoga, though I am not sure they are in the same weight class

1B
Robert Downey is a better physical comedian and so I think he would kick Rob Lowe's a**.

1C
I would first sayJane Fonda, just because she did all of those workouts. But then, Meryl can dance so maybe she would break Jane's hip. So Meryl


2

I have to go with B Johnny and Bette. Bette is outrageous and Johnny is just so freaking out there, it would make for an interesting night.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reese and Billy Bob for me. I want to see how scrawny he is in real life.

tydwbleach said...

I think he is pretty scrawny. He certainly is weird, but not as weird as Angelina.

That movie Bad Santa was soooooooo funny but in an awful, tasteless way... Like you laugh but feel guilty after.

Ginger Hunter said...

1- Cage match
Cate Blanchett who is 10 times tougher and has a better fake english accent.

Rob Lowe- he can do the physical stuff and isn't quite as soft around the middle.


Meryl Streep. She could take all of these guys...blindfolded.

Part 2
Love Match
Bette and Johnny. Wow, you are not kidding...a party to remember!

tydwbleach said...

I agree with all of your choices, GInger. ALso I would love to see Billy Bob and Reese at dinner. I woudl love to see the look on her face when he burps and then gets out his toothpick.

You know I bet it would be like that scene in the Blues Brothers when they go to that fancy restaurant to try and convince their former band mate, who is the Maitre D, to come back to the band.

At one point, John Belushi sidles up to a table of diners with children and says: "How Much for the little girl? I want to buy your children, your women... ?"

Anonymous said...

Best scene in the Blues Brothers movie!

tydwbleach said...

ALMOST< but the truly best scene I think is one of two others....

I like it when they go to The Penguin (the nun) and she starts slapping them with a ruler for swearing and then they starts swearing more because it hurts and then she slaps them even harder it goes on and one until I think they fall down the stairs.

Ok that is oNE

THEN the other hilarious one is when they are driving thru the mall, and they have like 60 cops chasing them and they make comments about how nice the stores in this mall are etc...

My all time favorite LINE in the BB movie is, and I quote:

"Hey You got us into this parking lot, now you get us OUT!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ginger Hunter said...

I have never seen that movie...maybe I should Netflix it.