Thursday, January 24, 2008

MASTER THESPIAN FRIDAY: Guess the QUOTES


MASTER THESPIAN FRIDAY:

This week it is: NAME THE MOVIES THIS QUOTES ARE FROM:

1.

General "Buck" Turgidson: Mr. President, about, uh, 35 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper, the commanding general of, uh, Burpelson Air Force Base, issued an order to the 34 B-52's of his Wing, which were airborne at the time as part of a special exercise we were holding called Operation Drop-Kick. Now, it appears that the order called for the planes to, uh, attack their targets inside Russia. The, uh, planes are fully armed with nuclear weapons with an average load of, um, 40 megatons each. Now, the central display of Russia will indicate the position of the planes. The triangles are their primary targets; the squares are their secondary targets. The aircraft will begin penetrating Russian radar cover within, uh, 25 minutes.
President Merkin Muffley: General Turgidson, I find this very difficult to understand. I was under the impression that I was the only one in authority to order the use of nuclear weapons.
General "Buck" Turgidson: That's right, sir, you are the only person authorized to do so. And although I, uh, hate to judge before all the facts are in, it's beginning to look like, uh, General Ripper exceeded his authority.

2.

Franck Eggelhoffer: Armani don't make polyester.

3.

Chip Douglas: I forgive you. I only hope my neurologist will feel the same.

4.

Tiger Tanaka: Permit me to introduce myself. I am Tanaka. Please call me Tiger.
James Bond: If you're Tanaka, then how do you feel about me?
Tiger Tanaka: [the code response] I... love you.
James Bond: Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way.

5.

Andie: You know your talking like that just because I'm going out with Blane
Duckie: His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name!

6.

Mr. Furious: I'm a Pantera's box you do not wanna open.
Casanova Frankenstein: It is "Pandora."
Mr. Furious: Please don't correct me, it sickens me.

7.

Jake: That Night Train's a mean wine.

8.

Harris: Let us just say I was deeply unhappy, but I didn't know it because I was so happy all the time.

9.


Jack Lucas: Did you lose your mind all at once, or was it a slow, gradual process?

10.

Ed Exley: All I ever wanted was to measure up to my father.
Bud White: Now's your chance. He died in the line of duty, didn't he?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. ??Some Christopher Guest movie?
3. "My Three Sons," the movie
4. A James Bond movie
5. -10. No clue.

Anonymous said...

Nice concept, but your underlined characters link to the Internet Movie Data Base...thus it's kind of easy to cheat.

Thought I knew #5, but was incorrect. ...and I have never seen the entire movie "Pretty In Pink".

tydwbleach said...

HAHAHA Well I am ALWAYS trying to reinvent Master Thespian Friday.

Hmmm back to the drawing board....

Anonymous said...

I don't have time to check. Was I right about My Three Sons"?

The middle son was Chip. Really

tydwbleach said...

No I do not think so... It was from The Cable Guy

here are the ANSWERS:
1. Dr Strangelove
2. Father of the Bride (Steve Martin)
3. Cable Guy
4. Bond You only live twice
5. Pretty in Pink
6.Mystery Men
7.Blues Brothers
8.L.A. Story'
9.The Fisher King
10. L.A. Confidential