

Okay I admit that I have not even posted ONE TIME in an entire week, but if you only knew what this week was like... you will understand.
On Monday I had to drive alllll over hell dropping stuff at the Lawyer's office, running cable boxes places you name it I was everywhere in my little Toyota. That was Monday night. For dinner that night, instead of cooking because we were all so exhausted we just went to Red Robin. Dumb Idea the night before Weight Watcher's BUT I had a birthday coupon for a free entree that was going to expire in two days. Get this we get there and My friend Siri and Steve and her son Travis are there!!! She and I are in WW together!!! That was fun but things went weird after this.
We had been debating about rehoming (finding a new home for) Missy. yeah I know this is like our 19th dog but Missy was TRULY a HUGE pain in the ass Sher got into everything, tipped over the garbage like three times a day. peed in the family room over and over and over Ran away constantly got into the neighbor's chicken coop, She is a Beagle I guess this is how they are and honeslty they are adorable but she was a complete pain in the ass. We had just about had it with her shenanigans and it was just TOO MUCH STRESS. Amy is a great dog and she is well behaved and we are keeping her for sure.
SO we get home from Red Robin, and Missy runs away again but this time it is dark and Amy follows her. YIKES so Bill goes out looking for mIssy and she hjad found a SKUNK greaaat... so then she comes back and we still cannot find Amy we live in a very busy dark road, and we never let them out together because Amy follows Missy wherever and Missy just follows her nose. BUT Amy snuck out the garage which Bill had open for a bit because we had been unloading the car.
He drives around looking for her, sees her JUST in time to WATCH HER GET HIT BY A CAR. We already lost a dog this way in San Jose, and it was just horrible Poor Banjo, BUT this dog LIVES!!!! SO we scoop her up she is howling in pain, her head is bleeding, we don't know if she is gonna make it alive to the ONLY emergency vet in Tualatin WHICH IS LIKE 15 MILES AWAY.
We scoop up the dog, and Spencer and everyone is upset and Spencer is scared and its nightmarish. OH and she smells like SKUNK. SO we rush her in and they say she has a broken hip at the joint. which is terribly painful and the only treatment is REST. She will not ba able to walk for WEEKS. THen maybe if shes okay after this MAYBE she can get an operation where they replace the socket.
In the meant time I had place an ad for Miss on Craig's List and I had TONS of calls and I finally found this very nice family and they just loved her and I gave her to them. SAhe was a sweet dog but SO MUCH Trouble I think we were CRAZY to even think about two dogs at this point with all of this stress, but oh well Life was going to be very peaceful without Missy, but then now we have to take care of Amy like 24 hours a day. She needs all these medicines and tons of care and has to be carried outside to go to the bathroom.
We are somehow managing all of this, but Spencer is very upset and the worst thing is that guess what time of year it is? NAMM SHOW!! Yes Bill leaves for the NAMM show on Thursday. SO now I am taking care of Spencer running him to preschool and shopping and taking care of this dog with the broken hip and not getting ANY SLEEP all by myself. I finally took the dog to the vet so they could care for her until Monday when Bill is back, because I just cannot deal anymore.
THEN SOME good news: they are tearing the house down on Tuesday but get this ON MONDAY the Tortfeasor's attorneys want to tour the house. Let's see, its been sitting there all trashed for like 8 months and now on the day before demolition you need to look at it.. Even thought there was like a parade of experts and engineers and insurance people and lawyers all going thru it before. But whatever SO I tell Batman that I will meet them all at the house but then he decides that the Torfeasor's lawyers should not meet us that he has to take them thru alone. Either he wants us to remain a mystery, or he is afraid they will start asking us questions or maybe this is just how it goes I don't care I do not need to meet their stupid lawyers. So I left Batman a key to the padlock on the plywood that is the front door now.
Today I had a GOZILLION other errands to run, and one of them was I had to stop by the vet and see Amy because Spencer misses her but really I think he thinks that she may never come home. Because this is the vet where we took Riley to "live" (put him to sleep) and he never came home. SO I had to take the kid to see Amy and that was fine and he showed her his new little car thing. meanwhile I keep getting these phone calls from Bill and there are like SCREAMING guitars in the background and I think he said he saw Kobe Bryant and Jackson Browne but I could not understand him. He comes home tomorrow night Spencer and I will pick him up from the airport.
The only funny thing that happened all week is this: I kept having to tell Spencer please do not touch Amy or do not go in her crate or just leave her alone... she has a broken hip and she is in a lot of PAIN. Somehow I think he confused this, because on the phone Bill asked Spencer how Amy was doing and he told him: "She is a pain in the ass." and I said "SPENCER!!!" and then he said "She is in PAIN I mean." Really, both things are true.
Lesson You REALLLY have to be careful what you say around your kid.... Bill thought it was hilarious but he had him on Speaker Phone and he was having lunch with his parents... they found it less amusing and probably blame me, the world's worst mom, for this.
You have to admit Spencer is a trooper. He has been trying hard to be good and helping out a lot and so I bought him a Bob the Builder DVD he could watch in the car while we drove around all day. Also Costco had these GREAT LEAP FROG DVDs that teach phonics to three year olds and he realllly loves them.
Bill is home tomorrow. We are all okay and I usually would not neglect my blog but there you have it.
I need a FREAKING vacation. I HATE to complain, but I am losing it but I promise to anyone who is still reading this that I have not abandoned my blog, I just went temporarily insane.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
WHAT A WEEK.
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
12:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh wow, hang in there, it will surely get better. I think you are right about your attorney and the walk through. I never expose my clients to opposing counsel unless they are deposed, even then I am very protective of them. Speaking of which, there is good news from me on the job front! I am very excited and still interviewing but I think the search is over. I will tell more when all is final.
And, I think Spencer is a natural comedian!
I am excited for you!!!!
I was not sure the reason but I knew it had to be something like this.
I know I should not go on my blog complaining about my life, who wants to read this,, but this week not much else happened.
Post a Comment