Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bad News: More Complaining...Good News: We might go camping soon.




Today we were informed that if we are going to be in our rental Goat Farm after the end of June 2008 that we have to pay the rent ourselves after that day The only problem is that our house may not be finished until the end of the summer.

Which means that either we pay the $2K a month rent ourselves after that, in addition to our mortgage, OR we maybe get a tent and "rough it" in the back yard until the house is done. I am sure they would not mind moving those bulldozers and clearing a little spot for us. OR we could also move in to Spencer's little play house, OR the tool shed, both also in the back yard. There would be no running water, but there is a Port a Potty on the front lawn.

OR maybe we could rent like a FEMA trailer type thing and just park it in the driveway? That is also an idea. I think the tent idea is probably the best, because then we get to have campfires every night. Well, unless Code Enforcement drives by...

I have always wanted to spend the hot humid months of July and August in a mildewed insect filled tent. I guess those years as a Brownie and Girl Scout will not have gone to waste.

This just gets more and more fun every single day. I hate getting all mad about stuff and most days I try to pretend that I am not living with a goat, and that my life is NOT freaking upside down, and just get on with things. WHO DOES IT HELP TO BE ALL BITTER AND MAD AND PISSED OFF 24 HOURS ABOUT THESE STUPID LITTLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN??? However, some days it is harder than others to stay serene about this (now almost a) year of complete disruption that we did NOTHING to bring on ourselves. I am also sick of having to fight for every single little thing.

Today, in addition to doing stuff for the lawyers, I also worked on something I am writing. I also went grocery shopping and I signed Spencer up for summer Swimming lessons. He has been off of preschool for a week and he goes back Monday. I want so much to be the fun and patient mom, where we read books and play and go places and do stuff together, but instead when stupid stuff like this house thing happens I am already annoyed, and just have no patience and he gets on my nerves. I mean, he is FOUR - this is his JOB, but still - He does not listen half the time, Every two seconds he is taking his clothes off or doing stuff he is not supposed to and he is just loud loud loud and wired wired wired. And then he is also a normal little boy, and does goofy little boy stuff , like using 3/4 of a roll of TP in the bathroom, or begging us for strawberries over and over and over or just being wild.... We are losing it. I am trying to get lawyer stuff done, Bill is trying to finish instruments, and he is jumping all over us, making huge messes, just going insane. We need a babysitter. We need a vacation.

I know no one got hurt, and we still have a house where a lot of people are losing theirs, and no one is sick, and Spencer is healthy and we have much to be grateful for, and we have it better than a lot of other people.. I am not forgetting that, BUT OUR HOUSE WAS DESTROYED, our lives were interrupted, we have been through a whole lot of crap no one should have to go through, we have to use expensive lawyers to fight for every single thing to be corrected just so we can be whole again, and I know that we will recover from this and we will go one with our lives and the drama will end eventually but I will NEVER EVER be the same after this. ALL this crap and seriously? These are not even REAL problems, and I KNOW that and I get to feel guilty for being pissed off about them on top of everything else.

0 comments: