Monday, March 24, 2008

Family of Stalkers

How lame are we?

I had some overdue library books that I wanted to get into the drop box by the time they open on Monday so since my family and I were all going crazy and getting on each other's nerves we decided to take a drive into Canby. We dropped the books off at the library night box, and then we decided to look at the progress on the house..

BUT since we were there we started talking about exterior paint colors, and since we had a camera and a car and not much to do, we decided that a good way to spend Easter was to drive around taking pictures of house paint colors we like and then compare them when we got home.

Wow this is what passes for entertainment in Canby... Not really Most people were with their extended families, but since my only extended family live in Michigan and Florida and Bills are all down in So Cal, and no one came up to visit us, and we did not really plan a huge dinner or anything, we decided to stalk other people.

SO we had our frozen Costco Casserole , broccoli and Fresh Strawberries for dessert dinner, and then headed out with the binoculars, night vision goggles and high speed photography and surveillance equipment.

A good time was had by all!!!! No seriously Bill is on a deadline to finish some instruments for a guy who is going out on tour, so he has a lot of work to do. Spencer and I watched the Tigger Movie and hung out, and Bill hung out a lot too. Amy was in the goat field for a long time today. That dog loves that goat.

SO here are our pictures.....

WHICH COLORS WOULD YOU PAINT MY HOUSE?? PLEASE VOTE!!!!


ONE: This is one of Bill's favorite's - it is very dark Brown. I am not fond of it... Also there is a house directly across the street from our new house that is painted like this as well - part of why I do not like it.




TWO This is one we both agree on that we like okay but I am not sure this color would get old very fast.. BUT the red door is good luck in Feng Shui so it has THAT going for it...










FOUR: This is my VERY VERY VERY all time favorite, and there are NO red houses ANYWHERE around us BUT Bill says it would look like a barn.... but I still love it...




FIVE: Here is a final option that Bill hates and I like a lot Just do the house in this stucco. Ithink it looks nice, but Bill grew up in a stucco house in CA so maybe that is why he does not like it. THis house is right behind us...


VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!
(Please vote for the red one...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck. How about something bright and cheerful. Like Yellow? Or light blue? Or white.

Those dark colors depress me. Even the red. Too brick like

tydwbleach said...

Well we had a yellow house... we got tired of it.. but I was thinking the same thing.. I like that color scheme you sent me!!!!! of your bachelor house It looks like a a VERRRRRY pale yellow with like a green trim.. its nice, actually.

I kind of like a lighter grey too... given my choice I would do PINK seriously verrrry pale pink. REALLY!! like the lightest lightest pink.

Bill would hate hate hate it.

Anonymous said...

Tell him its "salmon."