Friday, June 13, 2008

Tile, Lights, and Bowls of Fire Soup.

Spencer says some pretty nutty things sometimes, and I think a lot of them stem from little games he plays with his friends at Preschool. He will be goofing with me and once in a while will say "I am gonna put you in JAIL." The jail changes. Sometimes it is Tiger Jail, or Feet Jail, and lately he has threatened to put me in "Fire Jail." I asked him what happens to a person that goes to Fire Jail, and he told me "every day for lunch you have to eat a bowl of Fire Soup."

he has been doing the Fire Jail thing for about two weeks I guess. Tomorrow we have an appointment to go pick out all of the light fixtures that will be in the house. On Saturday we are meeting Habib at Oregon Tile and Marble to pick out floor tiles. I have learned to come prepared to these meetings and "picking out sessions" but kind of figuring out what I like ahead of time. Otherwise we either stay there all day and nothing gets picked or Bill and I end up arguing. I have now learned to go in there with some ideas. TO that end, I researched alll the light fixtures on this store's website, and they rep about 25 light manufacturers, so that was a LOT of lights. We basically looked at lights until our eyes started to bleed.

We started by looking for the big fixture that will go in our Foyer, which is two stories high. This light has to be BIG, and the one that was there before I was not crazy about. It was one of those bit BOWL LIGHTS that are sort of suspended by three bars... they are everywhere.

I did not want another one of those but after a million times going back and forth with Bill about "I like this one and he likes that one and that one is ugly.." and all of that, I came upon this one goofy one which was OF COURSE in the style I did not want... BUT Bill and I both thought the SAME EXACT THOUGHT when we saw it: It looks like a BOWL OF FIRE SOUP!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH We laughed so hard about this, and decided that we both could live with it, and thus, tomorrow we are ordering THIS light for our foyer, this nutty fixture that looks like a BOWL OF FIRE SOUP. I think ours will be silver metal instead of black, but other than that, this is it:

Bowl of Fire Soup Light, A tribute to Spencer

For the bathroom lights we are probably going to get these in all three bathrooms:

bathroom lights

and for the kitchen probably something like one of these:

Kitchen Contenders - have changed them 600 times already.

For the outside we are getting these lights. They will go on either side of the garage door.

This is a LOT less fun than I thought it was gonna be. Seriously.

0 comments: