Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flu, School, Slurpees, Crackers, Buh-Bye Bamboo,

Maple Floors with natural stain

I have had the stomach flu today and last night, the same thing Spencer and Bill both had. Yuck. I ate only a Slurpee and some crackers today. I slept most of the day except where we had to go pick out different floors. Spencer gave me his "Freddie Bear" to sleep with and he told me Freddie would make me feel better. Even without the stomach flu I doubt that anything will make me feel good these days unless its a medically induced coma where I wake up on Halloween. I 'm looking into it. However I DO have the sweetest kid ever. Even though he NEVER, EVER stop stalking.

The Bamboo is out for a couple of reasons.. One because though the flooring is okay in price the stair treads for it would have been like WAAAAAYYY over priced. Something like $100/tread, and we have like 16 I think. SO then we thought about matching some oak to the bamboo just for the stairs and that was the plan.

Then we found out that the white oak engineered wood floor for the upstairs was back ordered and would take a MONTH to come in. NO WAY. SO then we looked at stuff that would match the Bamboo but of course the sample for the bamboo was checked out and we could not match it.

So guess what... we had to start alll over. SO now we will put solid Natural Finish Maple in the livingroom, and engineered upstairs. it all matches with the tile and the other cabinets. It will look nice and it was overall less expensive than the stranded bamboo anyway. Honestly this exact maple was my very first choice, but I was gonna let Bill get what he wanted for the wood floors because he let me have my way with the tile.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah My life is so boring even I don't want to hear about the house anymore... although Habib finished today (for now) and it looks AMAZING. I LOVE Habib. I also referred him to another mom at my preschool, whose daughter is also in Spencer's Karate class. She had an interview with him and it seemed to go well. So he might be doing her bathroom.

Starting Monday Spencer has "Wet and Wild Day Camp:

Wet and Wild Water Camp
July 21-25 Monday-Friday 9:00am-1:00pm
Wet and wild is the word to describe this camp. We will play in and out of water. Experiment with water, colors and bubbles as we explore this fabulous source of fun. Each child will need a supply of water clothes, towels and sunscreen before coming to camp each day. We plan to play outside every day.


I am thinking we could save $ and just hose him down all day for a week, but honestly he loves Teacher Gina, and a lot of his friends are in these camps. Also really this has been a really ADULT summer for Spencer. He is away from his friends on our street for the second summer in a row, and he spends a lot of time getting dragged to flooring showrooms and paint stores etc. That is NOT a four year old's idea of FUN. He LOVES these camps.

The other day I left a message for Dylan T.'s two moms where I was gonna give them a ton of Spencer's clothes that do not fit him anymore. They have two boys, and they are like the only family I know with TWO boys. Anyway but they had just landed in Boston so I will save them for them when they get back. The ones they do not want I will just donate to the Teacher Gina Poop Your Pants Fund, which is not the real name but one I made up for this box in the bathroom at the preschool. Everyone including me is always donating clothes to it. If kid has an ACCIDENT - you know what I mean - they need clothes to change into... weird clothes. But you know they gotta wear something home. So when Spencer comes out of preschool wearing plaid slacks and a striped shirt its pretty obvious what has happened... However, he never has accidents anymore, except when he cannot get the zipper down in time.... so we have to always put him in pants he can unzip himself....he is getting better at it. lately he can get it down most of the time but then cannot get it back up.
This might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION.....
Luckily a lot of companies make pants for boys that LOOK LIKE they have a zipper but they really do not. We are big fans of these pants. around our house... Of course, Spencer spends most of his time in the house NAKED. He starts out dressed and then slowly but surely off come the clothes. I have learned that this is a BOY THING and I am not the only mom who deals with this.

We'll leave the light on fer ye...

We are officially going to be homeless for the month of August. The Ins Co will not pay for another month of rent anywhere because the builder promised them it would be done. The builder is trying to get it done but stuff happens... anyway... so no hotel. SO I guess we are just gonna hit the road with dog and kid in tow.. store my car someplace, and just see what happens. We are starting out at a Motel 6, because unless it is a real vacation I could care less what the room etc is like. We don't want to book like an entire month someplace in case the house DOES get done early. Ideally I do not mind the first week being out, but then I would like to be in the area the second week of August so that Spencer can go to the Day Camp at his preschool he planned to that week... I think it is the last one, Cooking for Kids with Teacher Gina.

Delightful Delicacies Cooking Camp
August 4-8 Monday-Friday 9:00am-1:00pm

Delightful delicacies made with each Child's own hands. A time to explore the science of the kitchen in a safe and satisfying experience. Seeing, touching, smelling and of course tasting are all a big component of this delicious and delightful week.

I would hope he would not have to miss it. Spencer LOVES Teacher Gina...She is a GREAT teacher and a really nice person, even though to me she has a kind of a "Tammy Faye" thing going on... something about the way she looks reminds me of Tammy Faye.

Even if we are not yet in the house we could stay somewhere near there. He could eat Lunchables for lunch.. he likes those... but get this... He never eats the crackers!!! He always just gives them to me.

Teacher Gina, head of Spencer's preschool and Day Camps

We looked into stuff like vacation rentals and stuff, we also thought that maybe we could all head up to Washington State and Bill could get some work done at Luthier Tom's house. OR we could go down to So Cal and stay at his parent's house, but I think that would have to be AFTER the camp ends.. SO who knows. We don't want to rent a house for one month... what a pain, but also it means starting up utilities etc. I do not mind Motel 6. I mean, not FOREVER but to be honest the bathrooms are nicer than the Goat Farm.

I might miss that goat a little. He's a cute little feller. But don't tell anyone...
Oh and get this... all I could eat today was like a slurpee and saltines Seriously. but 7-11 now has CRYSTAL LITE Slurpees!!!! TWO FLAVORS!!!! Mango and Raspberry They are AWESOME.... Cold Slurpee goodness and NO CALORIES!!!!!

CAN YOU STAND IT???? CRYSTAL LITE SLURPEES!!!!

0 comments: