Well, we have to be out of here by Thursday but we are staying in a hotel starting Tuesday night. Tomorrow (Tuesday) they are taking all the rental furniture, which will make it a little easier to get the rest of our crap out of here.
I have this great great Tom Waits song in my head now...I have no idea why maybe because we are in the home stretch here and we are finally going to be headed home after a lonnnng time on the road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x8RpnUne2U
One of the best.
Its going to be a bit of a challenge I think, even to go home, because the house is obviously ours, with the same exact floor plan, but it looks very different. I mean, it is exactly how we want it now, but still, it might take a while before we feel truly at home there. But then, what is HOME, anyway???
The one thing I have learned through all of this is something I have really always known... Home is not a PLACE. Home is just where my family and friends are, honestly. Even though our home exploded fifteen months ago, we were always at home, whether it was a Residence Inn, a hideous Faux Chateau in Occupied Fake France, or the Goofy Green Acres Goat Farm. We were always at home because we were together. That sounds a little Hallmark Card-ish, and I cannot say that I am happy about moving this week for the ninth time in 15 months, in fact I am incredibly annoyed. But tomorrow when my head hits the pillow at the Homestead Studios Suites I will not be filled with despair. We will be a little closer to getting back home, even though we really never left.
That makes NO sense. I need to keep packing.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Our Last Night on the Goat Farm....One Step Closer to Home, where we never left.
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
12:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment