
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/aug/17/film-reveals-inventors-fight-over-car-wiper/
There was this guy in Detroit who had been an engineering professor at Wayne State University. he invented intermittent windshield wipers. He took his invention to all of the auto companies and a lot of things happened but they ultimately said they were not interested, and they turned him down. then they came out with HIS INVENTION! he had to sue all the auto cos, and he had a nervous breakdown, his marriage failed and finally he got somewhere with it but it was a mess. well, this was a HUGE story in Detroit. I remember it well. They are making a movie about it and I think it is great that they are finally telling this compelling story of this guy Robert Kearns.
Anyway the movie is starring Greg Kinnear as the guy I cannot wait to see it. Its coming out I think in October.
Maybe its all we have been through in the past 485 days, but something about this story and this film resonates with me. I have never invented anything, but there is an element of David v Goliath in this story, and at times I feel the same way. This kind of thing is what I'll bet makes a lot of people really glad they went to law school. I'll bet my friend IPLAWGUY would not put up with this! hahah Too bad he was a toddler when all of this happened.
This is a link to a clip of the preview:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809914818/video/8946851/20080723/150/8946851-300-wmv-s.68744984-,8946851-700-wmv-s.68744992-,8946851-1000-wmv-s.68744997-,8946851-300-flash-s.68745010-,8946851-100-flash-s.68745003-,8946851-700-flash-s.68745015-,8946851-1000-flash-s.68745023-,8946851-100-wmv-s.68744973-,8946852-2700-qtv-s.68745027-,8946852-10300-qtv-s.68745035-,8946852-6800-qtv-s.68745030-
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Flash of Genius: IPLAW, are you paying attention?
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Catching up with you-we have been at our place up
north that is supposed to be peaceful but we
are fighting a war with the trustees (we have
leases) about natural gas drilling-wish TJ were
here to help-he was a lawyer who cared
about real things-if you ever want to see his cases go to his
name-google-anyway I love reading you
and MJ is going to send
me your e mail address JJ
I would send you mine but I dont have yours.. but she has mine I think...
My blog is so silly... hahahah
you can email me at tydwbleach@aol.com if you want and then I will get it and email you back
Post a Comment