Today the lights guy came and installed one set of lights that we are missing Apparently all of them are back ordered. Today the Dining Room Sconces came in, and the guy put them up we turned them on and the shades ( the stained glass part) do NOT match the color of Sputnik. Sputnik is blue these shares are yellow. NICE. SO now back to the drawing board with that. We called the owner of this lighting place and he said he is going to make everything right, but so far I swear this supplier is like the flakiest place I have ever dealt with. They promise to call you back over and over, and I never get calls. I call there and a different person answers the phone each time, and I have to go through it all again with them, and they end up saying that the guy I want to talk to is not there.... I finally talked to that guy today and he said that he would make everything right, and that he would come over and take a picture of the lights that he could send to the manufacturer, so they know and can see how they do not match. He said he would be here in the afternoon and of course, he did not show up and did not call. We still have no lights in the master bath, wrong color lights in the other two baths, and the garage lights are on back order too. We told them we had wanted all the bathrooms to be in a chrome color They ordered us ANTIQUE SILVER which as it turns out, is brown. HOW could they not know this??? These are very very plain fixtures. They can be found in like millions of bathrooms around the world. I wish sometimes we could have just gone to Home Depot and bought all the crap ourselves and had them install it.
I have an entirely new house and these problems are minor but I would like to be DONE DONE DONE with all of these stupid little details I understand no one is building houses right now and these guys are having trouble getting parts. Shipping costs have risen and its prohibitive so they like to pool their orders to get a better deal forcing their customers to wait. However we ordered these lights when, in JULY?????????? It is OCTOBER. Enough already. And because I have had to wait sooo long for everything then I might as well get what we wanted and so NOW I am pissed off and I am just going to INSIST they give us the chrome lights which is the CORRECT color for the bathroom. Its not tragic but the faucets , shelf, TP holder, towel racks, door handles, etc in all of our bathrooms are CHROME..... SHINY CHROME. Is this some weird unusual color that does not exist in plumbing???? I don't think so.... HOW DEMANDING IS IT to insist that the light fixtures are not BROWN???? Its really starting to annoy us. I feel terrible returning anything too because I know this lighting business is suffering, just like all the building people are in town. I also don't want to get the ten year old in China who probably made those fixtures for 14 hours a day to be executed because I returned them because some doofus ordered the wrong color. However, we paid retail for this stuff and after all this time I am now just pissed off. We were initially so happy to be back we were just gonna deal with it but now after this horrible horrible customer service and flakiness I am DONE being tolerant.
Builder Nick is coming to install the new storm door if it EVER arrives to Canby Builder's Supply. It is also on back order. I mean its a Larson, same as we had before and very plain. Its not like some wacky thing... It s just a normal storm door.
Then as soon as and if we EVER do get the garage cleared we can have the coating guy come and do the final coat. Why he could not do it BEFORE WE MOVED IN I don't know.
I just really thought that a month later all this stuff would have been taken care of.
Today I also called the Dylan Moms and invited them and their two kids over for Halloween to go Trick or Treating with us. They don't live in a traditional neighborhood, and Spencer gets along very well with Dylan and his little brother Alex. I love my neighborhood, but there can be a lot of drama and politics and gossip around this street, and I am just done with it. I would rather this year we do our own Halloween thing. Spencer will have a ton of fun with those kids and I love the moms.. I even invited the Grandma over, since Grandmas seem to like Halloween too. I don't want her sitting home alone...
I usually stay in and give out the candy because I like to see what all the kids are wearing. I love the Trick or Treaters. Bill ususally takes Spencer and goes witht he neighborhood group. This year we can go with them also but he will mostly go with the Dylan Moms and our kids. I will put out little halloween themeed things to snack on before they go, bnut not a huge deal, just little things in case they are hungry because all kids are just hyper on Halloween.. A LOT of people miss dinner... Then after they get back we can have cider. I think it will be fun.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Lights, Fights, and Halloween Nights.
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
2:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It sounds like Halloween should be very fun for y'all! We are planning a 1980's themed haunted house this year. Last year it was a ghost pirate ship and people had to rope swing across the pool to get the treasure. We always get a bunch of trick or treaters and I love to see the costumes too, especially the homemade ones.
You actually made trick or treaters go on the rope swing across the pool to get their treats? WOWW!!! hahahahaha
That is hardcore!
I once had a DISCO Halloween party it was soooo very awesome.
Well, we tried to. The fog machine was in overdrive, and we had dried ice in the pool, which was pretty cold, and a skeleton hanging from a tree. So most were too scared to obtain the pirate treasure (actually goddie bags). Only my little cousins would try. They both fell in the drink! I got chewed out by their mother, predictably. But we do give good candy!
I think that is AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment