Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Boy with the Purple Leg..... the dog with the enormous TONGUE



They gave him any choice of color of cast he wanted. he chose purple and thus here he is! The kid before him took RED like Clifford the bog red dog.... and I thought SPencer would take that or CONSTRUCTION ORANGE so he could look like Bob the Builder who is incidentally rebuilding our house. But then at the last minute: Purple.

He is happy and they say he can walk on it somehow but he has to sort of ease his way into walking on it. On the way home from the appointment, to avoid the hideous traffic on I-5 we took 99 (a road) and stopped at Jack in the Box, because we used to go to them all the time inCA but they only have a few in OR and hardly any near Canby or The Faux Chateau, located in Wilsonville - SO we go there once in a while when we pass one. Bill had a burger, I had a monster taco and Spencer had a really awesome fruit cup and some milk. Bill bought him an egg sandwich but he would not eat it..We are trying to get protein into him, but in order to get him to eat stuff we have to bribe him with fruit. Can you imagine that? The kid will do ANYTHING to get fruit. For most kids it is candy or gum or whatever but Spencer would parachute off a tall building for a bowl of canteloupe.

OH and this dog? He now tries to eat soda cans. Greeeeat. In this picture I am demonstrating exactly how I have to fend him off EVERY MINUTE to keep him from licking my face.

I am just happy to have made it thru this summer with my family and my sanity somewhat intact. In a week or so they are going to tear down our house and that will be a good new chapter. I am looking forward to it.

0 comments: