Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh..... PLEASE let me WIN!!!! CORN FEST TODAY!!!!





Yesterday I had to work, so I could not attend Corn Fest 2007 and enter all of my beautiful crafts, pictured below. Oh and I hate to brag but that paining is a self portrait.

Today I will take all of my entries over there and cross my fingers. The winner gets to wear this beautiful Corn Tiara and jewelry. Losers get shot out of/shot by? the corn cannon.

However, there are no losers at Corn Fest. There are Corn on the cob eating contests, Corn shucking contests, live entertainment, a corn cannon, animals, seminars by experts on such diverse topics as "Corn?? For Dessert??" "The History of Corn in Clackamas County" "Thermodynamics of the Corn Ethanol Biofuel Cycle," "How to make Furniture out of corn" and "The Role of Corn in Natural Childbirth Pain Management."


I am nervous and excited by the biggest event, taking place at 3:00 PM - Bill and I are going to renew our marriage vows in the Corn Fields. It just seemed like the right thing to do, and they said they will stop the tractors and stuff for at least 45 minutes so we can have this memorable gathering. Everyone knows that Corn and Marriage go together like a Horse and Carriage.

I will report more tonight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a Beavis and Butthead joke in here somewhere.