Wednesday, October 10, 2007

FIR POINT FARMS PUMPKIN FESTIVAL was on "GOOD MORNING AMERICA" TODAY!!!!!


I am sitting on my bed. I am figuring out which NERDWEAR outfit to wear to work. Suddenly on Good Morning America, (which I constantly watch while flipping also to the TODAY SHOW) they are talking about a 1000 lb pumpkin being dropped onto a van or something, for entertainment at a Fall Festival. Well, that sounds familiar..........


IT IS FIR POINT FARMS!!!!!!!
Home of the CORN CANNON and the GIANT PUMPKIN WEIGH OFF and the worlds truly most delicious Cider.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdV9J1PL94

Last year everyone was mad when they started charging for parking.. Now we are probably going to need reservations or something.


Its a great place to visit, and I seriously stop in there all of the time to buy produce, and herbs, and weird jams and stuff, and of course, when especially bored, we take Spencer to the petting zoo to feed the goats and chickens and all of those other whatever those things are they have there...pigs, sheep, turkeys. I don't know.


I suppose now there will be a waiting list for the petting zoo, and they will charge like three hundred quarters for a handful of goat food or whatever is in those machines. Life in the National spotlight has its drawbacks....


But soon Spencer is going to have his own goat, So Uhmmm... You know.... Besides, Giant Pumpkins and corn are just so LAST SEASON.....



Seriously, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oregon, but I will NEVER EVER understand what passes for entertainment in this town:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought this pumpkin might be near you. Perhaps you can grow some on your farm next season?

Anonymous said...

TV is the opiate of the masses. Look out for drugged masses.

Maybe you can arrange for your own festival on your new plantation.