Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Good Time Was Had By All, except the dog.




Well the Whole Foods Thanksgiving dinner was pretty great. Much better than I could have done. However it was not as great as I remember it being last year.. but anyway..
TO be honest the Organic Preroasted Diestel turkey was INCREDIBLE , probably the best turkey we have ever had in our lives. Realllllly great. The gravy was just OKAY, the stuffing was just OKAY, the pumpkin pie was JUST OKAY, same with the brussel sprouts, the dinner rolls and cranberry sauce. I actually made my own cranberry sauce with oranges and toasted walnuts. The mashed potatoes were pretty good, and the sweet potatoes with apricot glaze were really really good.

SO what I am thinking is, maybe NEXT YEAR we buy the turkey there, and the sweet potatoes and maybe nothing else. I can make better stuffing, probably can get better gravy and other stuff.
We dont even like pumpkin pie that much. We did also get two small other desserts, a teeny pecan pie and a teeny Cranberry walnut tart.

THe pecan pie was great and we should have bought a whole one but them who needs that much delicious pecan pie around the house? So we got a small one that was the equivalent of about a slice and a half. HOWEVER Bill and I got a few bites and we left it on the table. I took a few bites of the cranberry walnut tart and that was awful and I threw it away. THe dogs got up around the table after dinner and got into stuff even though we had put almost everything away. Missy ate the rest of the pecan pie and half a stick of butter. Amy ate some dill dip. Stupid dogs.

SO I think next year I will make the sides and get the WF turkey. I could not be bothered doing that this year because honestly we had just moved to the goat farm and its not exactly a gourmet kitchen. Its pretty hideous, and not anything like the expansive granite clad gourmet kitchen at the Faux Chateau, which is the only thing I miss about that place.... Well I miss that AND the shower and the non egg smelling water, and lost of other stuff. SO I was not inspired to cook and then have to throw my dishes into the BROWN COATED dishwasher YUCK.

With any luck, Next year I will be in my own gourmet kitchen in my new house, all decked out in artisan tiles by Habib, and I can rock out a killer Thanksgiving. This year I am kind of sliding by.

SO then after we cleaned up dinner and took naps and stuff and put Spencer to bed, then Bill let the two dogs out once more before bed time. Then THE INCIDENT occurred, and I am not sure what happened.

IT all started this morning, when Missy the freak dog Beagle who has been a total escape artist lately, took off to the dairy farm across the street early this AM and Bill had to chase her like a mile thru cow fields, past a llama, an ostrich and a horse also. She ran almost to the Alpaca farm!!!! SO tonight, Bill put her on the tie out leash this time, and it was attached to a stake in the ground. they were over in the big field near the second barn. Well she was running all over and Amy the dog got caught up in the leash and somehow the top part of the stake caught on what would be the dog equivalent of her elbow I guess and her dog elbow got all messed up and a big cut happened.

SO at 9:00 pm we got Spencer up in his jammies, threw him in the van along with the dog and headed to the Emergency Vet. SHe needs stitches and they kept her overnight and we will get her in the AM. She is gonna be fine but out of commission for a few weeks. There were a couple of families there too with their injured pets, and a lot of the kids were also in their jammies. I guess no one expects to go to the vet on Thanksgiving. I managed to get Spencer totally dressed but forgot his shoes as we were running out the door. SO there you go. He had his outfit, his coat, his blankie and bare feet. I carried him into the vet though.

Amy the dog is gonna be fine. SO far Missy is not sick from all of the butter she ate.

yet another crazy holiday with the Chapin Family, but at the end of the day, I still would not want to be anywhere else. I got the entire week off my work, so that was great but I have to spend it filling out claim forms. But we are almost done with all of that crap. We are amining to get the house torn down and construction started by Christmas. We have pretty much picked the builder.

Well I have to get some sleep so I can pick up Amy the WOnder Dog in the AM.

0 comments: