Sunday, December 9, 2007

OK Its official: I am annoyed by Michael Buble. YECCCCHHHH.

First of all he is just some kind of Sinatra knock off, and I KNOW that he likes the Nostalgia music and I mean, so do I! In college in Wisconsin I had an entire three hour radio show full of the stuff, mostly from records I found in the basement of my house. But at least I did not pretend to be Doris Day and make a career out of it. Plus other people have already done that gig just WAY BETTER Harry Connick Jr, for starters.

SO whatever. I am sure that his future holds a two year stint at the Celine Dion theatre in Vegas. But you will not see me in the audience. YUCK.

10 comments:

Ginger Hunter said...

Aww come on, he is coming to Houston and I may go...

Why do you hate him so?
I feel that way about Julia Roberts. :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of him. But he probably doesn't rock. Iplawife and I are going to see Cake tonight. Iplawkid will hang out with Iplawparents (my parents --Iplawgrandparents would be my grandparents, since names all center around me!)

Ginger Hunter said...

NO, I must agree with IPLawguy...the Buble does NOT "rock". Not even as much as Tony Bennet, really, who actually does rock a bit.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so quick to judge Michael Buble'. He does not try to replace any of those before him, but simply bring their songs into this generation. Every song he sings, he makes completely his own. He is like a breath of fresh air. Ask anyone from Tony Bennett to Glen Beck. Once you have seen Michael live in concert, all other concerts become quite commonplace. He loves his fans and is as loyal to them as they are to him.Before you discard Michael, try listening to Sinatra, Martin, Connick,Jr. and Buble' sing the same song in the same sitting, then decide who has the most musicality. Michael is a firm believer in the old addage,"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." You could take a lesson from him before you start throwing a word as strong as "hate" around. It doesn't speak very well of your character.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Maybe Tyd shouldn't hate him, and maybe he's a nice guy and all, but believe me, I would hate listening to him if he sounds like those people.

I'll go listen to the blues with her husband.

tydwbleach said...

AMENDED... I AM ANNOYED BY Michael Buble.

BUT he does HONOR some of the greatest muisic ever written and keeps it alive so..... I guess he cannot be THAT BAD,

Anonymous said...

Greatest music ever written??!??

I don't see anything by:
Willie Dixon
Buddy Holly
Holland/Dozier/Holland
Lieber/Stoller
Jagger/Richards
Page/Plant
Jones/Strummer
Lennon/McCartney

on that list!

Ginger Hunter said...

Yeah, I am finally getting into the Stones, they are simply amazing. I think my ears and tastebuds are maturing now that I am out of my 20's, cuz suddenly the quality of wine I'm drinking matters.

Jackie has a point, and I feel better about the Buble concert thing, but I don't think Tyd meant she hated the Buble, like she would put a hit out on him or something. I mean, he would just have to turn those puppy dog eyes on her, and she would say, "I forgive you Michael" Awww.

tydwbleach said...

OMG IPLAW I have to tell you that at my high school I was friends with this guiy one grade below me Andre Dozier, whose Dad wrote all of those Motwon songs. We were both boarders at the school and GOd he was so nice and funny and a great guy. We were in choir together and in all of the plays and stuff.
' I heard later that at age 22 he died, I guess drugs were involved. he was a great great guy. It was a really sad day,. and my friend Harry and I just cried when we heard this.

But yes GREAT music.

tydwbleach said...

PS My Fave Led Zepplin album is Houses of the Holy. Fav Stones: SOme GIrls.

I also like this one solo album Mick Jagger did.

I am not sure what its called but he is on the cover in his underwear.