Saturday, December 15, 2007

Phone Company Strikes Again.

Earlier this evening yet another house was destroyed by some kind of an industrial accident. At this time the cause is still undetermined, however the phone co is going on record as saying that they believe in this instance faulty construction was partly to blame.





Crews were on the scene immediately trying to repair the damage:
Residents of the nearby homes were evacuated, as were the residents of the exploded house. Thankfully no one in the home was seriously injured, though were quoted as saying they felt flattened by the experience.


3 comments:

tydwbleach said...

PS I am off for like two weeks now. My Boss told me at the end of today that he was not sure what day he wanted me to come back in Jan, which sounded ominous to me... but if it means NEVER I will be okay with that. Something died this week at that place for me, and I truly do not care anymore. I have a ton of stuff to do for the tear down, rebuild and the mediation hearing. My friend Siri is a teacher, and she has all this time off too so we can hang out together and maybe hit Curves a few times to offset the holiday sugar fest.

I hope to do house stuff but also go places with Spencer and Bill a little too. Although I doubt that means going down to So Cal to se Bill's parents. They were just here and we have too much to do for that.

Ginger Hunter said...

Lemme guess, the shocked gingerbread person all the way to the right is you, the one in the middle is Spencer and Bill is to the far left? :)

tydwbleach said...

Actually I was the one in the middle. Spencer is the one with the Blonde hair. I made them all and spent the least time on mine... Bill has ( or used to have) red hair.

SO we got one of these Gingerbread house kits from I think Costco and it comes with everything including the frosting! It made for a night of fun but of course it fell apart after I realized that we had not glues it down to the base. By then we tried to do it later and that is when the trouble started. hahahah it was pretty fun though.

So anyway.. We had some fun down at the goat farm. Now I am off for like two and a half weeks, and the kid has only two more days of preschool this week and then YIKES he will be home all of that time.

When I work I always think OH I WISH I could stay home with Spencer Then when I stay home I can only take so long. BUT we have a lot to do in the next couple weeks as the house is about to be torn down. So hopefully that will get underway soon.