Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Aquarium trip was a HIT.





I amd back.. I did not take my laptop with me to the coast. and I would not let Bill take his either. it was only one night but we had fun. Spencer had a BLAST at the aquarium and at the beach. He flipped out over the octopus and the jellyfish, as well as over the sharks and stingrays. He also touched a starfish in the touch pool.

We stayed at a decent hotel with the tackiest furniture and decor I have seen since that one weekend we spent in Lake Tahoe Caesars's Palace. Yikes.... There was a five foot tall lamp that was a statue of a woman in a genie outfit holding up two white orbs that were the lamp The rest of the furniture was just like the above picture. A lot of the hotels on the coast are like this, but at least you never forget your visit...



We had a forgettable dinner, had a good time playing in the sand on the beach and we had a great time at the aquarium. it was good to get out of town even for a little while. Spencer learned a lot about fish and he had a great time.

The aquarium kind of freaked me out.... I mean I hated that tunnel that went under the ocean or whatever... seriously



My worst nightmares are being stuck in the ocean without a boat, and seeing sharks and stingray above my head all over.. I hate creepy crawlie things anyway the grossest thing to me was the octopus - have you ever really LOOKED at an OCTOPUS????? it was HUGE and soooooooo disgusting looking I mean I cannot get that picture of that thing out of my head..... and when we could not see it, the lady from the place went into the tank and pet it to "wake it up" so that we could see it.. God I SO WISH I had exited at that point but Spencer was practically peeing his pants and screaming with delight and jumping all over he LOVED it. I was so happy for him but I never ever need to see another octopus, live or dead, ever again.

0 comments: