1998 Winter Olympics - Michelle Kwan Long Program Lyra Angelica
She only got the silver, which was complete crap.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
The Best Skating performance I have ever seen
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It was because she was mean to those guys on Saturday night live when the Olympics were in her homeland, Japan.
Hmmm I guess I do not remember that....
Sorry IPLG, not true, Michelle's Parents immigrated from Hong Kong not japan.
Tyd I agree that was an amazing performance....it was the Triple-Triples that put Tara in the lead 3L-3L and 3T-3S+Seq (Half loop)
I personally think the judges wanted to give it to her, but they can't deny the technical content. (Ironic that it was the same technical content that ended Tara's amateur career that day and her professional career four years later.) Under today's scoring system, Michelle would have won hands down. Her GOE and PCS scores would have put her at gold before she stepped on the ice.
Oh I could talk about FS all day...great post! (Now that Baylor has ended the torturous February finals, I have to catch up on US & Canadian Nationals and Europeans.)
WOW a Fellow Skating person!!! Well I started watching the Canadian one but got interrupted and then my TIVO deleted it. I watched the US Nationals. They were pretty good actually I just sometimes wonder whatever happened to that Alissa SCISNEY Czisney? person? She was so good for a while and then diasppeared..
Yeah I do not know even what Tara is doing... I know she had a double hip replacement. at age 18 YIKES!!!! Maybe she is in college or on the Campbell Soup tour or something.. well you know the one I mean the one that is NOT Stars on Ice.
So who are your ALL TIME fave Skaters?? Eligible OR Pro...
Here are mine:
Men Brian Boitano
Paul Wylie
Viktor Petrenko
Women: Kristi Yamaguchi
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Michelle Kwan
Caryn Kadaavy
I liked Oksana Baiul before she totally flipped out...
Pairs:
G & G of course but I also like Arturo Demteriev and that last partner he had the one with the short hair... Michketunik?
I also like IngoStauer and Mandy whats her name...
Dance Well not a huge fan of it, but I liked Punsalen and Swallow and also ShaeLyinn Bourne and the other guy... Victor? or something?
Alissa is GORGEOUS in practice, one of the most consistent practice skaters I have ever seen. For some reason, she deconstructs on competition ice. She was skating with an injured hand, this year just wasnt in the cards for her.
I just watched the ladies and my two favorite eligibles just made me cry:
Caroline Zhang - she has skated 100X better short programs than that, I think the pressure got to her.
Kimmie - to go from World and US Champ to 7th is very sad. The three falls and her face after her long just broke my heart. (In good news she is still going to worlds, and she just moved to Ft. Lauderdale to train with Richard Callaghan. He's an amazing technician, should eliminate her toe-axel and rotation problems. He's also Tara's former coach, ironically!)
Tara - she's trying to break into the acting world. You'll see her from time to time on tmz.com and in some fashion shows. Michelle really won in the end of that deal.
If you need any of the Canadian skates, let me know. One of my Canuck friends had CBC Country Canada which aired the entire event live. You really need to see Patrick Chan's skate...A-Mazing!
My all time favorites:
Women
Kimmie Meissner
Caroline Zhang
Michelle Kwan
Irina Slutskaya
Silvia Fontana
Men
Viktor Petrenko
Alexei Yagudin
Brian Orser
Illia Kulik
Patrick Chan
Pairs
Gordeeva and Grinkov
Sale and Pelletier
Shen and Zhao
Babilonia and Gardner
Dance (This is hard to name just a few...they are all completely different)
Dubreuil and Lauzon
Bourne and Kraatz
Torvill and Dean
Delobel and Schoenfelder
(The list really goes on...)
Yeah I think Michelle is coaching now. So is Victor Petrenko, Brian Orser, Brian Boitano... SOme of the skaters you named are also my favs too. I LOVED David and jamie's Olympic Love Story thing that was so great. I remember Sandra Bezic having a complete meltdown when they were given the silver but that event changed it all.
Get this... I grew up in Detroit, where the Nancy Kerrigan thing happened and now I live in Portland Or home of Tonya hahah and in between I lived in San Jose, home of Rudy, Kristi, Brian, and tons of other skaters. Kimmie Meissner is also one of my fav eligible women. I like both Johnny AND Evan for the men, and there is an ice dance couple from MI that train in Canton that I like.
Richard Callaghan... You know... there was some question about his uhmm character..... but as long as he just keeps coaching only GIRLS.... I guess it would be okay... I always think Poor Todd Eldridge.... But that is all speculation.
Post a Comment