Sunday, February 24, 2008

Boogies Cancelled Due to Writer Strike.....



I have been really busy doing things for the mediation, like reconstructing fiscal years and gathering documents and STILL filling out claim forms. Batman left for Africa and will be gone until April. I am also planning the grand Reptile Birthday Extravaganza. Also worte mean email to PBS Kids about horrible show called The Hoobs. Also I have been going to Curves a lot, just because it is a nice break and I feel really great and energized afterwards.

As far as the Oscars tonight, I have only seen ONE of the nominated movies: Michael Clayton. While excellent I doubt Clooney will win. Since I hate bloody violent scary movies I doubt I will ever see There will be Blood or No Country for Old Men. I never made it to see Charlie Wilson's War, but would have if I had found the time. I do know who that woman who played Edith Piaf was, Marianne Cotillard. She was in a great little movie called A Good Year with Russell Crowe and Albert Finney. It was based on the Peter Mayles Year in Provence books. It was so nice to see Russel Crowe just playing a normal guy instead of a gladiator or cyborg or something stupid.....I also liked him in that movie with Meg Ryan where that guy from St Elsewhere gets kidnapped.

I also have like 46 books checked out from the Canby Library currently.

I have so much to do tomorrow that I think I might be on the phone the ENTIRE day. I cannot wait until this mediation is over When it is, we are planning a trip to Florida to visit my Uncle and also take Spencer to Disney/Epcot/Space Center/ Busch Gardens Everglades Et al. Uncle John is my mother's brother, and he has never even met Spencer, and Bill has never been to Florida. He lives down there with his friend/companion/whatever she is Linda and their two dogs. We p[lan to stay with them part of the time and then do the tourist stuff too. Normally staying at Disney would be out of the question, since it sooooo expensive but I think they have a thing where kids fly free if you do and coming all the way from Oregon, that would make it worth it , maybe. I have not done the math yet....

I have given up cooking for the time being. I plan only to make some soup in the near future and figure out stuff to make for the birthday party. ALso, I have to figure out who from Spencer's Preschool to invite? I don't want to leave anyone out, but he goes to THREE CLASSES there...I thought about inviting ONly the boys, but then he is friends with a bunch of girls, too.
There are also like 20 kids coming already from the Exploded house neighborhood. With all those kids plus all those reptiles it is going to be a freaking zoo. I thought about having it somewhere else, like Bullwinkles this one place with all this stuff for kids to do, But this kid Ashton had his b day party there recently and Spencer went to it, and all they had was pizza and cake and yet every kid got food poisoning. Plus I have already booked the reptile lady.

Quelle Nightmare.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I was thinking of Roy Brown's "Boogie at Midnight"

tydwbleach said...

i was such a spaz this week I did not even do Osler's haiku!!!

Anonymous said...

How about "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B"?

Anonymous said...

Boogie Children aka Boogie Chillun

Backseat Boogie

Watch That Boy Boogie Woogie

and so on.

Ginger Hunter said...

I loved La Vie En Rose! The actress just sunk into that role...so romantic, funny and tragic, so French.

Anonymous said...

No car crashes. Boring

The Medievalist said...

Or guys dancing on the hood of an old junker with a keg over his head! How boring, it was just a movie about a singer?

tydwbleach said...

Well honestly I thought the Oscars were pretty great last night for the first time maybe EVER seriously. John Stewart was great, too. I LOVED Tilda Swinton in Michael Clayton She was great in it...

Hey Boogie Chillun hahah that is a John Lee Hooker song I think!!!

yeah they need to make a move about that guy on the hood...

Anonymous said...

The guy on the hood is now a bigtime lobbyist in DC. He worked for Tom Delay on Capitol Hill for a while too.

tydwbleach said...

so whatever happened to Yellow Hat guy????