Monday, February 25, 2008

Its Spring on the Goat Farm..... HERE COME THE FROGS!!!!!!!




God help me, I swear to you... there are endless surprises here on this Godforsaken Goat Farm where I live.. First there were ducks, and the giant great dane, and the horse noises all the time, and the chickens, and the stinky Llamas across the road... Lately we smell skunks like ALLLLL the TIME, I mean EVERY NIGHT and not around the corner but I think that there is seriously a skunk out to get us and he poops his smell out like every night..I literally smell it EVERY TIME I get in the car,. I think he is living in the back seat of my Toyota.... and get this.. now we have FROGS..

Yes we have these Frogs apparantly they come out this time of year of their little hiding place near the creek which is on the other side of the goat barn, and they are SO LOUD.. Not only that, Bill says that there are like A HUNDRED of them. Seriously, there are like ONE HUNDRED FROGS living about 300 yards from where I sleep. What the FRICK is next???? LOCUSTS????

I mean it is bad enough that the goat is stinky and makes noise every morning, and then when he starts up then all the lovely animals get going in the AM and thus its like a choir of chickens and I think maybe a donkey and God knows what else.... Then the air smells like cow poo from the dairy down the road...

But NOW,, EVERY NIGHT there are like 50 decibel frogs that make this huge noise outside all night.. I close my bedroom door and get under the covers and I swear its like they are in the hallway.

How much is a person supposed to take?????? I never thought I would say this but I CANNOT WAIT TO GET BACK TO THE SUBURBS where I will no longer have to see the food chain in action, where they only smell is of my neighbor constantly pressure washing his driveway and the only sound is the sound of toddlers driving electric jeeps and maybe that one kid two doors down playing basketball like 23 hours a day. The most dangerous thing that ever happens is when Jen and Andy next door have one of their wild parties and the other neighbors behind them call the cops, which means in the morning they will think it was US who called, until we can once again convince them otherwise....

Seriously, the worst thing that happens in the summer on Sycamore Street is that the Corn Lady runs out of Cantaloupe.

Well.... once in a while a house explodes I guess........

BUT - There are no Killer Frogs or Evil Skunks after me, maybe a pissed off Soccer Mom, but NO LONGER will there be MOOING, cows, frogs, ducks, donkeys, goats, skunks or sulfur showers. Bill says I will miss the goat farm when we leave. I say probably not, unless I suffer a closed head injury. Its like the Extreme Home Edition of FARM ANIMALS GONE WILD ..... AND ITS ONLY FEBRUARY!!!!!!! I am terrified of what the summer will bring. Until then, I wait for the frogs to come for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have tree frogs and crickets here on the Mid Atlantic all summer and fall. FREAKS OUT people from other parts of the country, including me when we moved here when I was a kid.

Now its comforting.