

We got very good news today: The structural engineer came back to the house today as it is now all torn down and confirmed that the foundation is perfectly FINE!!!!! There was little or no damage on it and they are going to sign off on it. This is great news because it means that we will NOT have to pay to dig it up then have it re poured at a cost of like freaking $40K at the very least...
SO THAT was good news. WE talked to the Builder today Nick the Builder and he is getting everything in line to start construction in three weeks. He has to line up equipment, supplies, etc all of that stuff.
THIS IS PROGRESS!
Also there was a moment of levity in all of this tear down activity. Spencer was walking around the site the other day and he looked at this HUGE piece of wood that Nick has decided he can reuse on the new house.
He points to it and tell Bill: "Daddy, that is an I-Beam. Nick is gonna try to reuse it."
And we thought that whole obsession with Bob the Builder was a waste of time.....
Actually I learned a lot too, as during the tear down process they used this thing called a track hoe which was like a giant dinosaur mouth on the stick... and the guy was SO GOOD and picking all of the stuff up. I though You know? That would be a GREAT job to have!!!! I think it would be so cool to sit up in that thing and wield it around all day picking stuff up. I was fascinated...seriously It was like some kind of hard hat ballet. I loved it.
SO Maybe I'll figure out how to do that, and get that job. Probably you start here: http://www.heta4.com/
Friday, February 1, 2008
Good News Today!!!!
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment