Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crunchy Granola O'Rama: Parental Panic, Fake Grass, Fish Guts




1. There were supposed to be a lot more kids activities there and Spencer got pretty antsy...plus there were so many people there that I was so scared we were going to lose him in the crowd... It made me really for the first time ever want to get him one of those Harness type KID LEASH things.. But then I am sure he would find a way to gnaw or wiggle his way out of it...


2. There were some of the coolest all electric cars there and they were awesome and you can get one for like only 16K that is kind of like a little RAV 4 but who knows how safe they are etc. Still I thought they would be a LOT more money than that!!!


3. We did get to see a LOT of the products for greening up your house that we have researched int he past... some were good and some were bad.. Like Bill's beloved FAKE GRASS that he wants to get some much.... yes great for the earth but it really does LOOK FAKE too. Also it costs $10 A SQUARE FOOT!!!!! Yeah why not just have a lawn made of like Plutonium?

4. I have never seen more hybrid cars in one parking lot in my life, but that was kind of cool actually and I was jealous of all of them. BUT My Matrix DOES get 33 MPG so.....

5. Some of the stuff there was just kooky. One of the activities for kids was SALMON DISSECTION demonstration... EXCITING. Spencer was like EWWWW!!!!! and of course I was ready to barf at that one... They also had clothes made of HEMP, floors of cork, oxygenated water... all kinds of weird stuff - They had a thing with like how to do a Green Wedding... You should have seen the dress... it was pretty scary.. and I am not in love with the idea of a wind turbine powering up the band's amplifiers etc.

6. All the cool stuff we reallly wanted and needed to see we did find there, but honestly the stuff we were really interested in, EVERYONE ELSE was interested in too.. so like there was like literally a LINE to talk to the people at the solar water heater booth, and the solar tubes, and the skylights etc. The Toyota thing was ridiculous... they had this FUTURE OF HYBRID CARS thing but it came at the end and Spencer was climbing the walls by then...

7. Everyone was walking around with cool stuff they had obviously given away like totebags and seedlings and stuff, but we could never find any of that cool stuff. Bummer. I did get a couple Hippie Dippy bumper stickers...

8. Not many of the vendors were willing to talk about the prices of their stuff you know like well, HOW MUCH is a solar water heater?? Well Uhmm you know give us a call or sign up for the newsletter thingy .. blah blah

0 comments: