Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Love NY Times "Metropolitan Diary"/ House/ Indian food

This is Trader Joe's Korma Sauce. I did not have a picture of the Masala kind...


House now has its entire roof.


Today was a kind of a pretty day in Oregon, off and on as usual.. We met Siri and Steve and Travis for breakfast and the kids played together. Tonight Bill and I are recording a song I wrote. We have to wait until Spencer goes to bed. Tonight we had Indian food for dinner You can make it from scratch but it is much easier to make it with this stuff from Trader Joe's called Masala Simmer Sauce. You sauté chicken with garlic and then add some fresh and or canned tomatoes, and I think some lime juice. Then you add the sauce and put it over coked arborio rice. It is great. I have no idea really what is in it, and I never make it... Bill does.

I also love the NY Times Metropolitan Diary.

This was a funny one from a while back:

Dear Diary:

My 30-year-old son was getting married. Hooray! After celebrating her bachelorette party with friends, my son’s fiancée emerged from the bar/restaurant in Midtown and spotted a patrol car.

Full of enthusiasm and good cheer, my future daughter-in-law shouted, “I’m marrying a cop!”

A short siren sounded and one of New York’s finest announced over the speaker, “Don’t do it!”


0 comments: