Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What would you do with 15 million tax free dollars?



I would buy a house on Sanibel Island, or Captiva Island in Florida, with a huge pool and a ceramics studio, and pretty much never leave it. Except to get more clay.

What would you do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go parttime at my job, buy a bigger house, pay off all debts, including my two crushing mortgages, give a lot of the money to charity, put a lot of into eductional funds for my kids, hire a full time au pair and travel, travel, travel.

Invest the rest and maybe run for political office... if there was an election I thought I could win.

tydwbleach said...

THERE YOU GO!!! That is pretty much what I thought you would say...
Though I might think twice abouteh au pari, just because a career in politics mixed with a teen age au pair is not good. Not that YOU would do anything, but youknow all that Rob Lowe stuff.

Maybe get kind of an old lady, or even a guy... a 'Manny" (Man Nanny)

I would travel a lot too. Maybe if it were like OPRAH money I would buy different houses all over the world. Hawaii, Costa Rica, La Paz Mexico, Paris..... Just kind of everywhere. I would give a lot of it away. And do all that green stuff for people's houses.. Buy everyone one Priuses and solar panels and crap.

And then i would go get an MFA in ceramics, maybe from Cranbrook Art Academy and then do art all day, every day and then maybe open up my dream business which is called the CERAMITERIA. Which is one of those places you go to make your own ceramics but it would also be a like a coffee shop and also sell my pots and stuff.

I know it is stupid to think about things like this.... but sometimes the goat farm is bleak. Cannot wait to leave it... GAWD.

tydwbleach said...

Wonder what Osler would do?

My guess is, he would probably you know do only altruistic things, like build affordable housing, or libraries. Maybe he could buy new hair, or at least a person to style his DO every day.

The Medievalist said...

I would quit my job, move to Europe and never come back. Write books no one would ever read, build a nice collection of music on my Ipod, drive a nice car, build a wine cellar and stock it. Not move back to the USA, ever.