This is what I really got him.We have decided that Spencer loves swimming SO VERY MUCH that he should do it every day. SO starting the week that school gets out, he will be doing it EVERY DAY, all summer long. Every week day, 12:30 PM around these parts will be Swimmin' Time. Time to ride the goat on over to the Cement Pond. He loves it, so why not. A goal for him is at the end of the Summer if has learned enough he will be able to join the Canby Penguins... they are like the younger swimming freaks in town. Then if he does well in there in a year or two he can join the Canby Gators. They are the town swim team and they are actually pretty great. What I like about them is that there is no real age minimum, the kid just has to have certain skills. I am not loving how gross and humid the air is inside the Canby Swim Center, but I am trying to get used to it as I am going to be spending a LOT of time there.
Other Big News is that Friday May 23d is my tenth wedding Anniversary and we are ACTUALLY for the FIRST TIME EVER, drum roll,..... getting a BABYSITTER!!!!! This girl who sits for Spencer's friend Donut is going to come out to the Goat Farm and babysit for us We are going to go to a cool restaurant in Portland call the Hall Street Grill http://www.hallstreetgrill.com/ which has been recommended, and then, maybe even to see a movie!!!!! WOW!!!! Spencer knows the sitter she is a teenager and she will do anything Spencer wants to, as far as playing with the blocks etc so I know he is going to have a blast with her.
As for gifts, I don't even care but the proper gift is either diamond or blue sapphire jewelry, or tin or aluminum. I am not sure what Bill is getting me, but I got him R30 Insulation and sound proof sheet rock. Maybe we can get each other stuff later but all I care about now is moving back into my house.
Also they have finished all of the insulation in the house and are starting on the drywall very soon The next thing is we have to pick out the wood stuff for the inside... Not the cabinets, we already picked those, but the stuff like the stairs banister and interior doors and stuff like this. Then they will paint the outside I think, then pour the new driveway thing, then add the garage door and then put the decorative stone stuff on the outside then start doing more stuff on the inside like installing the kitchen etc. We are nearing the end thank goodness, as I am sooooo tired of the Goat Farm.
I am trying to complain less. TRYING. I cannot believe I have been married to Bill for TEN YEARS but for the most part it has been pretty great. We have both our own crises, but we have weathered the various storms always together. We fight - I mean who doesn't? but we are very committed, or should be hahah. Most of our fights are just sooo stupid.... they end up just bei9ng funny. For years I accused him of stretching the dog's face out... because he would always grab Riley's face and give him pretend kisses and in this dumb voice say "I love my dawg what a good dawg " this kind of thing.. To me, the dog had a kind of a saggy face that he did not have when we first got him and I still think Bill is responsible for this. I will never think otherwise. Oh, and I never forget ANYTHING. Like how he totally stretched out the dog's face.



0 comments:
Post a Comment