Today we met Siri and Steve and Travis at the park and the kids played and Siri and I went over our lists and I refined mine and got a LOT of new ideas from hers. it was great however one of hers was "Go camping in the back yard." Uhmmmm NO. I hate camping. If Bill wants to camp outside with all the bugs etc that is fine, but that will not be on the MOMMY list. Yes I went to ELEVEN YEARS of Summer camp.... It was all in DORMS. We lived in DORMS. We had overnight camping trips like four times a summer and they were unbearable and mosquito filled and we played truth or dare and and ate gross hot dogs cooked on sticks and S'mores and stole each other's underwear and sleeping bags and went canoing etc... but I did NOT LOVE it and I would never ELECT to do that. Everyone says camping is fun I am missing out. Ok I believe you. You go, have fun. I sprayed so much OFF on myself during summer camp all those years that if I even ever get even a small whiff of it I get flashbacks... No thanks.
Anyway We all went to Quiznos for dinner after the park and I had two of those little SAMMIES things. The kids had fun. Some restaurants in Canby are cool with kids and that is one of them.
When we went to pick out all the lights last week, I loved this stained glass fixture that was in the showroom but I did not even ask about it because I thought it would be so expensive, I did not even really want to hear the price. When we had looked at every single light on the World Wide Web and still not found anything we liked, I finally asked about it. I know it is not everyone's taste in fact I am sure of it... because the guy was like I will give you a HUGE discount on it... because I have had it a while and it was not a big hit...
SO it LOOKS LIKE this lamp I mean it is this EXACT fixture
BUT mine has like blue and greenish fish scales - more blue than green.... so ours is more like THIS color:
And I also got sconces for the walls, two of them in the same color as above but they will look something like this:
They are a little fussy but what else goes with my bargain chandelier? I am pretty sure mine will be turned UP instead of down and also that they will not have the little flowery things... I discussed that with the guy.
SO I am not sure what I was going for here but I do love stained glass a LOT. I have an Oak Hutch and china cabinet thing that I got two years ago from Craig's list for like the lowest price it was awesome that I love, and we will get a new dining table to match Maybe later on from this Amish Workbench place in Aurora - the next town over. Or maybe Craig;s again I have had great luck with furniture on there.
SO I have to go now and go watch other people cook stuff on the Food Network and PBS. I tape certain shows each Saturday... Stuff like Everyday Food, Everyday Baking, Caprial and John's Kitchen, America's Test Kitchen, Primal Grill, Barefoot Contessa, Nigella Lawson, and then also DIY stuff like Flip this House and Hometime, This Old House etc Stuff like this. Its fun to watch other people do really cool hard stuff. Then On Saturday night I always Tivo. 48 Hours Mystery. I also like this one show The Next Food Network Star... and of course this one show called Deliver Me abotu these OB/Gyns in California I have NO IDEA why I even watch that one... . Nothing like a little Cooking, Childbirth, Home Improvement and Murder to brighten up a Weekend.
The Next Food network Star is Hysterical There is this one INSANE woman whos cooking theme or whatever is "Beautiful Basics" whatever that means.. She is INSANE and really really Kooky. I think her name is LISA:
Also a new season of Kathy Griffin and FLIPPING OUT has started on Bravo. SO I am all set.
I may have a problem.... But this year, other people's lives at least LOOK more fun than mine. I mean, I have yet to see a Goat at Kathy Griffin's house.


0 comments:
Post a Comment