Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tile O'Rama, Helpful Spencer, Battleship paint, and tons of cabinets.

Spencer was extremely helpful at the tile showroom. He brought his tape measure and helped everybody out....


It was awesome. I have pictures but they are still on my phone Right now I have to go to Petsmart before they close. Gawd. Stupid Dog.

OK I am back. I think the goat gave the dog fleas. The sooner I can move out of Green Acres the better.

SO: we looked at many different options. We found some tiles for all of the bathrooms and also for the many weird things I want to do to Spencer's bathroom later. The thing with two of the bathrooms is that one is only 21 sq feet and the other is only 28 sq ft I mean that is what, two boxes of tile? Habib said that since he was gonna be there tiling anyway that we should do those two tiny rooms. So we are doing that. Slate is relatively cheap these days and I have always loved it so we went with a lot of slate and also these weird flat rocks that I really like. We were able to get those really cheap too.

Similar to part of what is going in the shower, along with 12 inch cheap black slate tiles.


My weird flat rocks that are going in the teeny bathroom. Except mine are all black. Yes those are guitar fake jibbets (from dollar store) on Spencer's fake crocs....


As for Spencer's bathroom for later, they have so many cool ideas:


sea life motif


Turtle tile

This is like a Zoo or wild animal theme.... WAY cute But Spencer is a TURTLE. So he needs a turtle bathroom.


ALso there has been a LOT of progress on the house. It is completely painted on the inside. The Lazy Gray and Sleepy Blue have all been applied to the walls. Bill said it reminds him of the short time when he worked for the Navy on San Nicholas Island... Anyway..... and the guy brought about 200 boxes of cabinets over and more are coming. He put Spencer's bathroom cabinet up there, and the master bath set too. On Monday the cabinets are all going in, the garage door is being installed and Habib is gonna start in on the tile. So it is starting to look more and more like a house, and I am realllllly looking forward to living there again, whatever state it is in on July 31. I can take more pics of the inside later, maybe tomorrow. I am so tired from the long day of Tile O'Rama.

0 comments: