Friday, June 27, 2008

Weird stuff, Tile, Amy v Gopher, The Nun in the back seat. Golly Gee! I'd be happier without those darn gophers!

Amy the Dawg versus.....

Rambo the Gopher
Its pretty clear that Amy won. Ewww.

I might have mentioned this before but I am SO READY to leave the Goat Farm. There is a lot of weird stuff going on, and I am pretty sure the goat is to blame. The Economy is bad. Gas prices are very high, People are painting their houses all kinds of weird colors all over the place. According to Osler the Supreme Court is making weird decisions lately and get this yesterday my dog ATE a Gopher. I realllly need to get out of here. Everything on this Goat Farm completely grosses me out and I really do not know how I am going to make it through the next 34 days here but i will try. How much can a person take? Frogs, goats, Cow smells, the giant TurdMaster dog next door, animal noises, smelly water, Amy coming home with a duck in her mouth, skunks, roadkill, I have HAD IT with this Wild Kingdom. I NEVER EVER thought I would say this but I MISS THE SUBURBS. Its all just getting to me now.. the smelly water, the smelly air, the grass all over the place, those yutzes next door with their stupid four wheeler things The cows and the llamas across the street... 10,000 frogs in the creek on the other side of the barn... and now, Amy goes 15 rounds with a gopher. I just I am just freaking LOSING IT. If I never ever set foot on a farm again it will be too soon. I don't even want to go to the zoo ever again or even the Cider Mill this fall. I am SERIOUS. The worst things that ever happen in the Burbs are like the occasional loud party and maybe some freaking raccoons get in your garbage. I am pretty sure the dog will not come home with a wild animal. I am sure you do not have to worry about your dog getting into the neighbor;'s chicken coop. DO you know that we stored our brand new range hood that we had not even installed yet when the house blew we stored it all this time in thebarn right? Thinking it would be safe there , and we pulled it out last week and it is covered in BIRD POOP??? How the heck do you get bird poop off a stainless steel range hood? And why should you HAVE TO? And WHY, baby, are there birds INSIDE the BARN>?????? Don't the birds live OUTSIDE???? How else would my dog find them and bring them home if they lived in the barn?

I really don't need this.


But there has been a LOT of progress on the house. The tile in all three bathrooms is all done. Kitchen etc is getting started and soon other floors will be in. Some appliances are ordered, lights are ordered, The driveway is gone, and ready for new concrete. Interior doors are in. Lots of stuff is getting done. We should be able to move in right on schedule.

Going to Art Camp AND swimming this week has been a LOT of hassle and we have to pull him out of Art Camp early to get him to swimming on time. SO we have decided that after this swimming thing ends at the end of next week that we will hold off on any more swimming classes until August, after all of the camps are done. He has three more after this week's. Besides, we have all of this moving and legal and building stuff to do, it is hard to coordinate all of this stuff. I am all for keeping the kid busy in the simmer and I do think these classes are a much better situation for him than last summer when I put him in Learning Tree. We really had few options last summer, as I was working, and also ther are not too many classes in the summer for three year olds.. Most start at age 4. This year, he is four and he can do a lot more of them.

SO he LOVES swimming and he can go back to it in August, but for now he has enough with all of the camps and the Kinder Kempo.

Spencer also has a delightful habit now of telling you when you have said a bad word. This is good I guess because I have had to swear a LOT this past year... But honestly We do try try try not to but we have tried substituting words like saying Oh Crap instead and get this He calls us on EVERYTHING "Crap is a bad word, Mommy!!" "Idiot is a bad word, Daddy!"

I get it... you know, Swearing is bad. I get it, but this is like driving around with a nun in the back seat. So NOW it is even "illegal" to say, " Gosh, What the heck is that Idiot doing?" while driving.

Somewhere my mother is laughing at me.

0 comments: