Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kempo, Floors, Bionic Curves, Alaska, and St Vincent Hospital, located in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Kempo Master Spencer, in Crocs, next to POD.

Yesterday we took Spencer to Art Camp, then Bill and I went to this place where builders send you to pick out appliances and we picked out our cooktop and wall oven. There was a kooky lady there but I do not have time to get into it right now as I have an appointment in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Then we came back to Art Camp, took him to swimming, watched him do that, and then we went to the house to talk about flooring and then went to Karate and then did more flooring stuff then I had to go to WW and then we finally ate dinner.

This morning I have an MD appointment AGAIN at St Vincent hospital. I like to go there because my doctor is there, it is the furthest possible hospital from my house, and also because my doctor likes to make me get 498 tests a month. So it is extremely convenient. SO that will take up most of my morning. Then I have to meet Siri at Curves and then on Thursday I have to go to Curves again because they have started this new thing at my Curves... I am not sure what the real name of it is, I like to call it Bionic Curves. They have added these little like meter things on all the machines at Curves and if you sign up for this program which is only a little bit extra money a month the machines tell you how you are progressing on your exercise and how you did last time etc and what you need to work on and it s all supposed to make your workout more effective and turn you, eventually, into Jamie Sommers, The Bionic Woman.

However in order to do this thing at Curves you have to have an initial appointment, whcih lasts an hour where you go thru with a Curves person all the machines and they test you or something and set you all up Then every time after that when you go you have this little key thing that you bring with you. You take it with you to every machine and plug it in and then exercise and it has all your data or something. Then at the end you put it in another machine thingy and it give you a report which I think you can also look up online. Its very very scientific, high tech and complicated, but its totally worth it to me if at the end I can lift several cars with one arm like they have promised I will be able to do.

However there is a twist. There is this woman who runs Curves who owns our Canby Franchise and her name is Michelle. Apparently she met a guy and is moving to Alaska to marry him. She is leaving July 3d. She has owned the Curves the whole time and the new person will probably have no clue how to do the Bionic Curves assessment thing so i need to get my one hour appointment with her before she leaves for Alaska.

I am not sure how she met this guy from Alaska but I do know a girl that had a choce of where to go to school and chose Alaska because she thought she would meet men there. She did go and met lots of men but when she came back she had only this to say: " The odds are good, but the goods are odd." Which means that, yes there are a LOT of available men in Alaska and no single women, but maybe there is a reason a lot of them are single...

Spencer is thinking, "Mommy PLEASE stop taking my picture. You are EMBARRASSING ME!!!" Sorry pal, that's my JOB. I will be embarrassing you forever, get used to it.

ANYWAY I am late for my appointment in a Galaxy Far Far Away, so I have to go. Since I have no news to report and I don't have time to get into jmy tale of this realllllly kooky lady we met yesterday picking out our cooktop and wall oven who reallllllllly LOVES appliances, I will just put up some pictures of Spencer in his Karate uniform and hit the road.
SENSAI JENNY. Spencer is the one second from the right.

0 comments: