Tuesdays at my house are INSANE.
At 9 AM The Boy has to report to Creative Arts Camp, where he will finish painting his bird house and ruining his clothing. Then, even though Creative Arts Camp does not end until 1PM We have to get him at noon, get him all naked in the car and change him into his bathing suit, shark shirt, goggles and swim shoes (all of which he INSISTS on wearing - You Cannot be too careful in the pool, you know) and get himt o swimming class at 12:30. He can finish his lunch on the way in the car, but I make sure to give hima lunch that has a lot of little things in it instead of big stuff, so he can save some for later, and also he will not be too full and sink to the bottom of the pool....
At 1 Pm swimming is over. We will dry him off, get him dressed and then realize we have once again forgotten the comb, and thus, Spencer will spend the rest of Tuesday with uncombed Swimmer's Hair. He will come home and build with his blocks and watch his Construction movie that I WISH WISH WISH I had never bought him, starring the most annoying person on EARTH, Hard Hat Harry.
Hard Hat Harry is a Genie who wears a construction outfit and lives in a thermos bottle until these two kids come along and free him from the bottle. Then he grants them wishes, and of course they wish to see how houses are built or what lumberjacks do all day. Spencer knows this movie by heart. I am not even exxaggerating he can recite it. How sad is that? But thanks to Hard Hat Harry, whenever we go downtown or see something being built Spencer will say something like "That is a TOWER CRANE, Mommy. it has Stabilizers on the sides." Or "Mommy, that dump truck over there weighs over 100 tons!!"
I HATE Hard Hat Harry. I am convinced he is some kind of a voodoo artist who has cast a spell on my child. I would like to hide that DVD forever and ever and maybe bury it and then dig it up and feed it to the goat. Of course, this is Spencer's FAVORITE movie and he loves to sing the songs about he the crane, and the lumberjacks and all the other stupid stuff.
We may have to meet with the builder tomorrow, which may spare us from HHH.
Anyway, after Swimming and playing for a bit he changes in to his GI and heads to Kinder Kempo. After that, I drag him to my Weight Watcher's meeting and then we pretty much Call it a Day.


0 comments:
Post a Comment