Today we found out that even though the house will not be finished, and the goat farm is out of the question, we will be financially responsible for living someplace else. We have a couple of options, and we are considering different ones. We HAVE TO be out of the Goat Farm because that guy is moving back in.
Also today, with three hours notice, the landlord asked to show the property to a prospective buyer. So we scrapped our plans we had this evening and instead hung out in the HOT HOT house with no AC and 89 degrees CLEANING and putting away our stuff. We had a system going for our packing to leave here, so we had boxes all out everywhere and piles of stuff to throw away, give away etc. We had to put it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL away, in three hours, so that someone could come in and look at this place. They were here for about 45 seconds. Now we have to practically start over.
When it does cool down a little at night we cannot open the windows, because they are all covered in plastic from the outside. This is because two days ago the exterior painters were here painting, and they left all that stuff up. So its hot, it smells like paint, we cannot open the windows, and we have been set back a week on our packing.
I would say that I cannot wait to get out of here, and this is actually true, but I have no idea where we will go. Wherever it is, I know it will be weird, and we will be paying for it, but it will be temporary. SO In two weeks, we are officially homeless for a month, or however long it takes to finish the house. Am I upset?
Well, in the scheme of things, I mean who should I get mad at first? The list is long, and distinguished, and the fact is I could get mad at the entire world right now and it changes NOTHING.
And after while you just cannot get any more mad. SO much crap has happened in the past year that NOTHING and I mean NOTHING surprises me anymore. So when I hear that once again crap is happening I honestly half expected it. I am a seasoned pro at this now, you know? If you want to screw with my family these days you have to take a number and get really creative to even make a dent in all the crap has already happened.
At the end of it anyway, who wins and loses?? Nothing that has happened in the past year can ever change the fact that we all love each other and we are all committed to the survival of our family. I have a great husband, a great kid and an okay dog who holds me in medium esteem. I may not be a Christian but I know what is real and true, so bring it. My commitment to seeing the nightmare of this past year be completely corrected so that we are whole again cannot be underestimated.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment