Then I thought about getting just the T Bar ones we liked for maybe the KITCHEN ONLY and then you know get the cheaper ones for the other rooms. That was not going to work as there were like 46 of these in the kitchen alone. Each one of those really nice T bar handles costs between $4 - $7 EACH... EACH!!!!!!!!!! If I had to get like 46 of them, that is a LOT of money. Plus I would have had to figure out you know which cabinets were drawers and what sizes they would need, and then which ones needed longer handles and which ones needed medium and short etc and which ones needed only drawer pulls. I owuld have been there ALL DAY. As it was I could not even deal with being there while I was there - It was SO HUMID inside that store it was just GROSS!!!!
I could not just neglect my assignment, no matter how much i wanted to look at washing machines... I had a mission.
Then I saw them... out of the corner of my eye... TEN PACKS of really cool knobs, all shaped like footballs. They felt really good too, like when you would pull the drawer or whatever open there were no ridges or whatever and they were not at all as expensive.
I strolled over to the kitchen displays and looked at all of the knobs on those places. They were fine, but even thought they were REALLLLLy expensive NONE of them were as nice as the ones that were in the bulk packages.
SO there they are. I bought 80 of them... When I got home I showed Bill one box and I asked him how he liked them, and he said that they were just OKAY. I said, "Well, I am reallly sorry to hear that, because I have 7 more boxes of these in the car."
I am sure there will look nice. I found some cute turtle ones online for Spencer's bathroom, but I am not going to order them now, because we are not going to be here at this house much longer and we cannot ship to the Sploded house yet.
Habib was there today, and things are shaping up.
Still no sign of my engagement ring. We have looked and looked and looked.
Tomorrow we are going out of town (35 miles out of town, exactly) just to get away for the 4th of July. No one in our neighborhood is in town this year, so the big S. Sycamore 4th of July Spectacular is off. We are just going to stay in a hotel for two nights, and this place has an outdoor pool and stuff. We figured we can swim in the pool with Spencer and teach him more swimming stuff. its not a big deal but it will be good to just GET OUT OF TOWN for a bit. We cannot be gone too long, as Spencer has another camp starting on Monday "SIMPLY SCIENCE CAMP" but also Bill has a couple of instruments due to go out, and we have house crap to do.
I am freaking out here right now because I am alone in the house with Spencer, who is asleep in his fire engine bed. Bill went with Steve to his weekly Blues Jam at Duff's. They usually get back late and I SWEAR I heard something on the roof just now..SERIOUSLY. Like a big animal thing moving around up there...
OK NOW the thing that was up there is like whimpering outside on the deck.. Seriously... I do not need this. I cannot see what it is, because it is dark but also because I am just refusing to look. Who do you call with something like this???? The Vet? The Cops?? I know the Police would just laugh at me, like everyone else here in "The Country" does... Just like those weird Amish 4H kids at the Wilco Farm store that one time.
I REALLLLLLY need to get off this Goat Farm.
Spencer did say something funny today though. I think they have been learning about how to save the Earth in his Preschool Day Camp recently. He was that I had accidentally left some fan on for longer than I should have and turned it off and told me "Mommy the world is not going to be happy if you leave this fan on all night. You have to shut it off so the world will not be sad."
Well I have still a bunch of laundry to do to get ready for our Mini Trip, and I have to locate Bill's bathing suit among other things.
Did I mention that Oregon is a state full of total pyromaniacs? The first 4th of July I spent in our neighborhood I was pretty much under my bed the entire time. I was like "INCOMING!!!!!"
These people go INSANE over fireworks. They sell them everywhere. I mean on at least three corners in Canby is a fireworks tent with a sign saying who the proceeds of the sale are benefiting. The one I drive by all the time goes to the Canby High School Band. People sit around and grill on their front lawns, and then sit outside and wait for the fireworks at Trost Elementary to start. However, before they start everyone lights off their own.. In our neighborhood we all usually know the plan and so we start all buying some and then giving them to either Dave or Steve or one of those guys and we all pool them. Then on the 4th they light them all off one by one and the kids go insane. We just usually get the ones from Costco and give them to Mormon Dave. They come in a big box and I have no idea what they are or how to light them.
They put them all together, and take turns lighting them and one guy runs the hose to stop any residual fires and its pretty loud but kind of fun.
However, no one is gonna be home this year! Policeman Steve is going to visit his buddy from HS in So Cal (actually that guy is the actor Patrick Warburton - PUDDY!!!! They grew up together, and they are still friends and Puddy has a cabin they go to), Lees when to Mexico, Meads are going to Eugene, Mormon Dave is going somewhere I cannot remember and we technically do not live there yet. SO we will spend the 4th in beautiful exotic Vancouver Washington.





0 comments:
Post a Comment