Saturday, July 12, 2008

I CURSE YOU, Surprising Sharks! A Library Confessional - Plus: TIME TO MOVE!!! AGAIN!!!!

Turns out stupid sharks are NOT that surprising, but mostly just a pain in the a**

Sharks and Library Crimes
Well today was the big day that I FINALLY located the book that has eluded me through 4 online renewals and 39 days overdue.....""SURPRISING SHARKS."

I have been looking for this stupid book FOREVER, so that I can now skulk inside the Canby Library, possibly in disguise, dutifully pay my fine and remove the now tarnished Chapin Family Name from the Clackamas County Top Ten Most Wanted Overdue Book Criminals List.

There is not really a list, but if there was, we would be be the Reading Public's enemy number one. I am not sure what happened.... Hey, you know... stuff happens....

We were doing so great there for a while but then after a while we just got so busy with the house and packing and all of this stuff, and then camp and swimming and Kempo and everything else that we sort of flaked on our library books Once in a while I would come across one and go turn it in sneakily in the night drop box, but I thought I had them all and then I looked at the online account thing and there it was... "SURPRISING SHARKS."

SURPRISE!!!!!!! I missed a book on the list and forgot to turn it in when I thought I had turned them all in!!!!!

This is the worst crime I have committed against the library since I defaced a cookbook last fall.

It was not really a crime, more of a countercrime... You see, I rented this Paula Deen cookbook last fall and in there was her recipe for this really great sounding cake: Sweet Baby Jack Carrot Cake.. Well someone had literally RIPPED some Pages out of this book - it was NOT ME... I WOULD NEVER EVER do that... I sepnd a lot of time copying recipes out of library books on to index cards. HOWEVER some idiot did that, and so the cake recipe was there but the FROSTING recipe was cut off. How can you have carrot cake with no frosting???? SO I looked up the recipe for the frosting online, and I took a sticky note and in pencil I wrote out the recipe for the frosting and stuck it to the carrot cake recipe of the book. Is that a crime???? Maybe but the first crime was the idiot who ripped out the book in the first place.

What I should have done was to tell the library about the idiot with no soul who ripped several pages out of the book in the first place, but then they would see my sticky note. So I did not. However, I DO have TWO "I LOVE MY LIBRARY" lawn signs up - one here at the goat farm and one at the real house. There is an election this fall, crucial for the survival of the Clackamas County Library system.

Moving is FUN!!!!!

You know most people would say they hate moving, but not me... I realllly reallly like it. I like it SO MUCH that I have moved TEN TIMES in the past year and a half.

There is nothing like waking up not knowing were you are going to live next month and having to pack alllll of your family's belongings into cardboard boxes. Again. The sound of the tape gun, the smell of the cardboard... it just makes my heart SING!!!! Then knowing we get to make 2679 round trips in the van filled with boxes and furniture and exploded crap - from rental to storage to house to storage to rental to Pod to storage to old house to new house to rental to barn to Mars to rental - WOW!!! That makes it Extra Special. This is EXACTLY how I wanted to spend this past year. Why do crafts with your kids when you can MOVE??? Why get more involved in your child's preschool when you can be MOVING??

SO far, in the last 500 or so days, we have moved

1. Feb 2007: Into our master bedroom for 4 weeks during the FIRST remodel
2. April 2007 From Sploded House to Residence Inn when house exploded
3. June 2007 From Residence Inn to Faux Chateau after 5 weeks
4. Summer 2007 All the rest of the crap from the house that did not come with us to Faux Chateau moved FROM Sploded house into STORAGE UNIT
5. November 2007 From Faux Chateau to Goat Farm
6. December - March 2008 Close the storage unit, Move all that crap into barn at the goat farm.
7.July 2008 Now move all stuff we were PLANNING to move right into the house out of the Barn and the goat farm instead INTO POD and/or one of two New Storage units
8. August 2008 Move ourselves and One Month's supplies off goat farm into some other rental that we still do not know where it is or what it will be yet... but I am guessing it will be A Van Down By The River. But not our van. We have to sell it.
9. September 2008 IF house is EVER completed, Move stuff from POD and Storage unit into real house. Finally.
10. September 2008 Then move ourselves and One Month's Supplies back to the house.

I have to go. I have to get more packing tape and I am out of Vermouth again.

0 comments: