Friday, July 11, 2008

Over 31 million of you voted and the results are in..Thanks to all who voted.

We shall use the lighter shade of grey on this house


With the decorative rocks seen on this house


We have finally chosen the EXACT paint color for the exterior of our house, as well as those decorative rocks thingies that go on the outside. Hey - I warned you it would be a BORING color. We are not exciting people. These are both houses in Builder Nick's neighborhood, which he built but also lives in. Nick builds entire subdivisions, but unlike a lot of builders in these kinds of subs he really does not just slap them together etc.. Nick is really careful about the details and his finish work is just amazing. Only one of the many reasons we chose him to rebuild our fabulous imaginary mansion.....

So the "rocks" house is actually Nick's next door neighbor, and the "paint" house is a house across the street.

The trick is, you have to picture these materials and paint on YOUR house, which is a bit more difficult.

Align CenterI'm REALLLLLY hoping the Porta Potty is not staying, but after this last development, all bets are off.

However, for myself, since I have such an inflated and overzealous sense of grandeur, I can pull it off.... You see, its really all about living in that imaginary house in your mind. I like to remove myself from reality (if you lived with a goat you would too) and picture living in a vaguely familiar house that I am decorating in my mind. Of course, who knows if we ever will move in to said house.... it may be YEARS AWAY. However, I have a rich inner life which affords me the ability to completely suspend reality. It is a gift, and a burden. I equate it to staying in a really nice hotel: Yes, for the past 448 days I have lived in Motel 6 - the opulent Goat Suite. But once a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago I spent some time at a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. Though it was only short time, and we may NEVER EVER stay there again, I do have a fond remembrance of it. Thus, even though I will be living in Motel 6 UNTIL THE END OF TIME I can still decorate this imaginary hotel room I called home ONCE UPON A TIME.

I'd love to write more, but I just drained another case of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, so I'm off to the store. Oh that's right, I need to make myself a reminder note - I always forget the mixers. I'll make a list....let's see..... Hawaiian Punch, Pineapple Juice, Draino, V8 Juice, V-05, Vermouth, propane and Oh I almost forgot, Liquid Plumber, Maraschino Cherries. And anchovy olives. Yeah, that should about do it for at least two more nights.


0 comments: