Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Appliances are in. I 'm not there, so I cannot see 'em.


We are leaving sometime this upcoming weekend. I cannot wait to get home. Its not been terrible here at Bill's parents house, and Spencer has had a lot of fun, but I need to be HOME. It has been something like 500 days. I have upcoming appointments, a Pod and two storage units to unpack, Preschool is gonna start, all this stuff to do. We will get home probably Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and hopefully start moving in and getting back to our life after this long and heinous interruption. Pretty soon it will be all about all the stuff is usually is.. making a week's worth of Spencer's lunches, Weight Watchers and Curves, playdates, Kinder Karate, what's for dinner, lawyers, laundry, goofing off beating Iplaw at Scrabble on Facebook....but at least all of it will be done at home, at our own house, which honestly is not yet a HOME, but it will be. We will make it home, and we will make it into a home again. This year we will be there for Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and I am really looking forward to just simply being there.

Plus there is NO GOAT, gophers, chickens, cows, llamas, donkeys, Turdmaster, bird poop barn, stinky water, ancient washing machine, crazy neighbors, coyotes or Landlord Dudes. Its just going to be US, for once, not Wild Kingdom.

Also I am going to copy down a lot of MaryJo's amazing recipes. I love LOVE my mother in law. She has great recipes for things and she is such a dear sweet person. I have enjoyed visiting with her the most, except for maybe the other day going to Tamara's house. That was fun too. I hope she sends me the pictures soon.

Bill and I did sneak out to a movie the other day. We saw Tropic Thunder . it was a $5 matinee, and I was glad we went to the cheap show. it was pretty crass, but i did laugh hard at some parts. Robert Downey Jr was incredible in it. Seriously. I mean if it were up to me that was worth an Oscar.

0 comments: