We actually do not know when her birthday is, but Spencer kept bugging everyone to have a dog birthday party for her, so we did that today. First I made a dog Birthday cake which was really a meatloaf with a LOT of vegetables in it along with the meat. I have been hiding veggies in meatloaf for Spencer forever, and he has not caught on yet. In this one there were carrots, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, celery and a whole head of garlic. They trick is to chop them pretty small by hand and then sort of finish them in the food processor. Then you add milk, breadcrumbs, the meat and two eggs and Voila! Veggies meatloaf. Plus I put some sauce on the top. I made one for the humans and one for Amy the dog. We ate dinner and then it was time for the Dog Party. Bill missed it. He had to go to Burbank to meet some dude.
Then we decorated it
Then we lit the candles on it
Then Spencer helped Amy blow out the candles
Then Amy got to eat her cake
and it was ALLL GONE in an INSTANT!!!
Then it was time for Amy to open her present!!!
Spencer helper her open it.. Look!!! Its a BONE!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!!!!

4 comments:
Does your kid always attend parties nude?
Congrats Amy the Dog!
She probably ate so fast cuz she had somewhere inmortant to get to after the party. This is why she has Spencer do all her opening of gifts etc. for her.
Yes Amy had several social engagements to get to after the family party was over hahah Good to see you Ginger!!! How is LIFE???
Anon: My kid had shots on and a lot of times he takes his shirt off to eat dinner. Because he is FOUR. But honestly He does enjoy running around naked. I don't want to give him a complex, so I try to not to criticize him but I DO encourage him the actually wear clothing. I have talked to a lot of moms at my preschool about this and a lot of their boys seem to do the same thing, and he will grow out of it. Hopefully.
I should say though that we have been in turmoil in the past 18 months when our house exploded and especially in the last month when we have been living in hotels and at Grandma's house There has been a lax in some of the rules. Bill and I are both committed to really cracking down a on a lot of stuff when we FINALLLY move back into our house this coming Thursday.
We plan to have structured mealtimes, adherence to bed times, go back to a normal family routine which has been near impossible living life on the road for the past month.
But also it was hot in Ventura. Grandma does NOT have AC.
Hey!
Life is good, but busy- I was part of a big company lay-off at my job in Dallas, but finally found work in Austin, so I am doing well. I love Austin! I am glad to see you updating, I drop by to read even if I don't have time to comment and am glad to know you guys are getting into your new house soon!
Post a Comment