Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fair, Stairs, Feeling Better.

Hey I know these posts have been LAME but we are hitting the road, and I promise they will get super exciting starting on Thursday.... Anyway..


Spencer Plays in Corn at the Fair. I guess he later buried that kid next to him...

Physics IS Fun

Yep. its that time of year again here in Canby. Today Bill took Spencer to the annual Clackamas County Fair for Kids Day. He had fun but there were a few weird moments. He loved all of the animals, he saw goats, cows, pigs, chickens, sheep all kinds of reptiles everything you can imagine. They also had a great area for kids called Physics is Fun or something where they can do little experiments with magnets and stuff he liked that a lot. He saw a couple of kids from preschool, and he rode a train they have there. He loves trains. Anyway, it was typical Fair stuff, and the usual stuff was there, however two sort of disturbing things happened.

The first was when he walked into the fair one of the first booth things was this Army Recruiting thing and the Army people were really nice, and they thought Spencer was `cute but they gave him a free dogtag with his name on it... Hmmm... Spencer loved it - he is FOUR. Bill was like "Uh Thanks.." but inside he was thinking "In the current administration in the White House that might just mean he will head to Iraq in a few weeks..."

The second weird thing that happened was this... There was this one booth that was made up of three tables and they had nobody in there - like no customers. So Spencer wanders in there, and they offer to tell him a story... Well he is FOUR, he loves stories. Bill was close behind so they sat down. Five minutes into the "story" Bill told Spencer it was time to leave. Apparently the story was all about hell and crucifixion, etc, which honestly Bill said he GOT their point, and HE is religious but they should have known that is too much for a four year old. So that was uhmmm disturbing.


The newly finished stairs from the livingroom. You can see how the entry thing turned out.


Stairs from the Dining Room. They still have to be stained.

Top of New Stairs. I asked them to please cover up the ugly pole there with something nice. They did a good job! I initially asked them to take it out, but apparently it holds up the second floor....bummer.

When you walk in the front door this is how it looks. Except mantle not up yet....
I think it all matches fairly well. Even the half wall looks okay!

Also Yesterday I went back to my MD for my parotid gland infection and he gave me some drugs and it feels better already!!! We are going to stay one more day in Canby and leave Thursday for Ventura to Bill's parents. Bill was going to go to Seattle on Business today but we found out it was kids day at the fair so he took Spencer instead and he will go drop off that stuff tomorrow. We ordered the blinds for the house today too.

We had dinner at the Top O Hill. http://www.canby.com/topohillrestaurant/ Lately I have been getting the "Half Sandwich and Soup"at almost every restaurant I go to lately. I am not sure why, maybe because I am an Old Lady. Or maybe because lately mostly we eat at these weird little diner type restaurants that have that on the menu. I gotta say we call the Top O Hill restaurant in Canby "The CB" which stands for The Country Bumpkin Diner but honestly they have great food really!! But then, my mom could not cook well, and neither can I so you know... maybe that's why I like it hahahah. I had turkey rice soup, half a turkey sandwich and some of their AWESOME potato salad today and it was just the best dinner! But then I live in a crappy hotel. I am just happy to GO Anywhere hahaha.

Really I have to say that I love that place now. You walk in there and they say HI SPENCER!!! They don't care if he switches sides of the table by crawling underneath, and at the end of dinner, IF he has eaten all of his "real" food on his plate (stuff like the chicken etc haha) he gets to go into this silly treasure basket and get a prize. He totally loves it.

Plus they have awesome pie.



0 comments: