Friday, August 8, 2008

More stuff done on house, not leaving town til Wednesday

You can see the new fence thing is on the porch.
Its not painted white yet, it will be. There is a RUMOR the house will be done by like Aug 25. I'll believe it when I see it... BUT that is finally the real front door, and also it will be painted black.


Close up of the porch fence which is weird looking to me- - like why are the STICK THINGS on the OUTSIDE??? but oh well, its in there now...

We are going to stay in this crappy hotel for another gozillion nights even though this room gets smaller every minute hahaha

Bill's going to go to Seattle for biz one day only, and Spencer and I will stay here. Its not like we would have a ton of time to go sightseeing, and they have an IKEA here now, so WHY GO? He's not gonna stay overnight. Then on Wednesday we will all head down to Ventura to visit Bill's parents. Spencer and Grandma have big plans to dig and build things and go to the beach, and according to Spencer he is going to teach Grandma Karate moves, and possibly the Crab Walk, and maybe they will cut down a few trees. You see Spencer, talks to Grandma like every day on the cell phone. They are making Big Big plans. At grandma's house I plan to sleep for 6 days straight, and reunite with my crazy family after that time if by then I have been adequately rested from this year. I will not be visiting the beach, as I do not see the point if I am not going in the water, and everyone knows I refuse to enter any natural body of water.

Seriously we have been locked up in a hotel room for like 12 days with this nutty kid and Cooking Camp was Cancelled. Grandma and Grandpa along with Aunt Dolly and Aunt Tamara and all the rest of Bill's huge Family can all take turns entertaining Spencer and he will have a RIOT. In the mean time, I need some sleep and Bill needs to get some work done. I am gonna see if there is a Curves near Grandma's house I can go to.

We wanted to be kind to the Earth and our wallets and take the Toyota down there, as it gets 33 mpg but I guess Bill has a ton of stuff plus the dog and the kid etc so we're gonna bring the van. It also has the DVD player which frankly does NOT hurt.....

New stuff is going on with the house...

bottom of the stairs... The treads will be clear varnish or whatever and the rail will be stained the color of the cabinets.

Top of the stairs, I don't know what its called I have always called that one part that sticks out the "ROMEO BALCONY"

Stairs as seen from dining room. Railing will match the cabinets in the background, which also match the kitchen.


Spencer, FINALLY ASLEEP in his Fire Engine.


0 comments: