Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Business trips, Class notes, lawn mowers.
Last night I decided to come with Bill on his trip from L.A. to SFO. SO now I am in the hotel while Bill went to SFO to meet with whoever it is. I am not bored, because I have a lot to do. I am the Class Secretary of my alumni class of Kingswood Cranbrook, which means i write the Classnotes for the magazine. Because Cranbrook Kingswood was two separate schools when I went there (C brook for boys, K wood for girls) There are two separate secs for each year right up until a few years after I graduated. After that, I think the years all have one person.
For my class it was first a girl named Marian Rey McIntyre, who then handed it off to Cackie Boomer, and then to my friend Michelle Letica. Michelle and I are friends, and last year Michelle asked me to do it. All three of my predecessors did a great job and it is tough to live up to, so I try to do a great job but it is not easy to find people to give me news. I have to send out emails and postcards.
This year I am sad to learn that there is a rumor that another one of my classmates has died. I have to confirm this information with the alumni office and I have a call into them. SO, if this is true, and I hope it is not, this will be an especially sad classnotes post.
Anyway I am doing that in the hotel while Bill went to San Fran and then on to Napa. They may be having that guitar festival up in Healdsburg right now, too, I am not sure. I can never keep track.
Spencer stayed at Grandma's house, along with the dog and I hear they are having fun. He was told he could call us anytime he wanted and he has if he feels upset or misses us but so far he has seemed okay with talking to us on the phone. We brought a bunch of beach toys for him and also his scooter, and toys and books and movies. The most fun he has had so far was the other day when he and Bill's dad built a birdhouse. Then the next day I think they painted it. I forget to get a picture of it before we left.
So anyway. Bill took the car of course and picked up Mike Roberto at Dave Kelly's house, and Josh Smith at his hotel in San Fran and they all went to somewhere in Napa. I am not sure how late they will be but this hotel (here in San Jose) has a silly little kitchenette, and I brought soup and stuff and drinks and whatever, so I am cool. I think there is a jack in the Box next door, too, so I could go there for dinner if he is not back or whatever. I am fine.. I am just napping and watching TV and doing my class notes and enjoying my break from Spencer and the dog and Bill and the 'Sploded house and Grandma's house, and all the insanity that has been my life for the past year.
They are making progress on the house, the only stuff left is to stain and finish the stairs and banister, do the plumbing and electrical and install all the lights, put the Tiny Town carpet in Spencer's room, and do the lawn, bushes and new fence all around the back yard or whatever.. I know that side gate near the garage got blown right off. Also we will now nave a back yard fence that will be completely enclosed, as in the dog cannot get out. Unless she digs, which she might. We are not sure how she will adjust to life back home without two acres to run on, like at the Goat Farm.
We are planning to leave to go home like Sept 1 or 2. Spencer's preschool starts Sept 9th I think or maybe later I cannot remember. BUT I do know that the POD bills on the 9th of each month, and if we can get it delivered from storage to the house and emptied by the 9th it would be better because then we would not be billed for another month.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I just want to be home and I know this sounds stupid and selfish and dumb but I just want to be home, in my kitchen and in my bed with my family and my TIVO and and my dog and just get back to a normal life. I want to cook dinner every night and do laundry in a washing machine that is NOT rented and sit on my OWN crappy non rented furniture you know what I mean? I just want to do stupid stuff. Stock the pantry and get ice and water from the door of my fridge again, and start eating AT HOME every night and making Spencer's lunches and just GET BACK TO MY LIFE. It has been like 490 freaking days. ENOUGH ALREADY. I am sick of all the DRAMA. We need to pull the trigger on this thing and get it OVER WITH. I want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in my own house, give Spencer a bath in my own tub, read him stories in my own bed and yell at him in my own back yard,mow the lawn (okay, I mean TELL BILL to mow the lawn) all that stupid stuff.
We actually never had a lawn mower growing up. My mom was a single mom and she did not know how to work one and she always hired these crazy people to cut the lawn. Thus I have no idea how to even turn on a lawn mower. I have never used one. Pretty sad, huh?
Gawd.
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
You probably also remember Dan-well he is doing simple living in Nashville TN and they raise
veggies but he cuts the grass-so for
Christmas he wanted a lawnmower -a nice
old fashioned reel one-go to the
Lehman's website-we use the cata log and
you will find one-it s a good mower and
good exercise-I recommend it-also I am
old but never did learn to operate the power
one-or the snow blower either-JJ
Post a Comment