
We will miss Grandma so very much when we leave, and I know she will miss us, but we need to go. It is time for us to move into our new house. We have been in hotels, on the road and this protective coccoon surrounded by love and family for two weeks, but now we have to leave.
We'll leave tomorrow to avoid the Holiday traffic Monday, and then get to San Jose tomorrow night. We will stay Monday and Tuesday nights there, seeing some old friends, and Bill I think is gonna do some repair work for people or something... I don't know. Then Wednesday AM we will get up and drive the eleven hours to Canby from San Jose. Its not a bad drive really, when the weather is okay. You don't want to make that drive in the winter time, though, because you have to go to the Siskiyou Mountains, and its gets very treacherous in the winter months.
My favorite part of it is passing Mt Shasta. Its very pretty. But there will be nothing like seeing old Mt Hood again, and the familiarity of goofy old Canby which is such a weird place but I have really really missed it.
I am looking forward to going home. Not necessarily to all of the packing and driving and moving, etc but just BEING HOME FOR GOOD. It is time.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Last Day (today) at Grandma's house...
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment