Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well, I finally finished it. Plus: The Vaccuum Cleaner trick.

That is, the Class Notes that were due a week ago. Its okay. I got an extension. The Alumni Office took pity on me because we just now got the internet back. I got to emailing back and forth with a few friends, and we were reminiscing about our high school dorm and doing the dreaded Vacuum Cleaner Trick.

That is, what you do is,

1. Friend is sleeping in a dark room with the door closed. You enter, quietly with a vacuum cleaner that it switched to the "ON" position but not plugged in.
DO NOT TURN ON THE LIGHTS.

2. Place vacuum cleaner in the person's room, then exit the room all with out ever turning on the lights. Exit the room, quietly and close the door behind you. Remember to BRING THE CORD and PLUG of the vacuum cleaner out of the room with you.

3. After you have closed the door, plug in the vacuum and RUN!!!! Hide around the corner to watch for sleepy person emerge with a "WHAT THE HECK???" kind of look on their face. Laugh Reallly really hard.

A Few Notes:

a. this will probably be only effective in a high school dorm like we were in, because we were bored to death and locked away from all males. Also because we were 15, we thought this was Pee Your Pants funny.

b. NOT NICE to do this to a person who is ill or has a big test in the AM or has to take the SATs in the am or something. This is a funny weekend sort of thing to do. Not the kind of trick you do to a person who has an Astronomy final in the morning.

c. I must have done this to my friend Julie C. 650 times. She is a surgeon now, so apparantly it did not affect her academic perfomance, but still. What I don't get is that she DOES NOT EVEN REMEMBER IT!!!!

ODD.

Anyway here is the part of the class notes where I implore my fellow classmates to come to the 25th Class Reunion this coming June. I hope it works. There is more news than this, but this is the part I can psot here....


First of all, Ladies, I must say that coming up in June is our 25th Year Reunion, and I hope that everyone attends. Seriously. This is a chance to reconnect with old friends, and if you are thinking of not attending because you think it is going to be weird, please just come anyway. Please do not worry about looking old or whatever. I have news for you… We ARE all old, okay? My babysitter was born in 1992. The other day my husband was volunteering at Spencer’s preschool and a 4 year old girl named GraceAnne said to him: “Teacher Bill, your Grandson is not sharing the blocks.” She thought he was Spencer’s GRANDFATHER. OUCH!!!! I myself am the oldest, nerdiest mom on the playground. No amount of Botox is going to hide that fact that I lose my minivan keys 12 times a day and wear Keen sandals, with socks, under skirts, every single day. So I am just not worried about it. Besides, (name witheld) was at the 20 year and she said it was truly great to see everyone. She and I had a long amazing talk after there was some confusion over at the alumni office about her being either married, or deceased or both. When I finally reached her in the Great Beyond, we were both relieved to find out that she was neither, but she did want to know what this person she was supposedly married to was like (I mean, he had a name, and everything!), and if he liked cats.........



........I sincerely hope to see all of you attend the 25th year reunion. Anyone wishing to contact me or send your news, please do not hesitate. My contact information is listed below. Also, I have recently discovered Facebook.. I even have mastered the art of “texting” (OMG, how cool R U?) on my Blackberry. I learned it from my babysitter. So, now you have no excuse not to send your news. And ladies, don’t think that if you do not attend our 25th that I will not come and find you. Seriously. I found the undead name withheld and her nonexistent husband…so I am not fooling around here. I’m just putting that out there…


3 comments:

Ginger Hunter said...

Tyd- are you the organizer for your graduating class reunions? You tenacious overacheiver, you! Do y'all have your reunion back in Michigan?

Poor Bill, my mom got the grandma line a lot when I was growing up, and everyone thought my "dad with the Porsche was awesome" -that was my eldest brother!

tydwbleach said...

HAHAH Yeah I write the class notes for the alumni magazine. FOr my year only. Class of 84.

I cannot understand how it happened, but there I am doin it. hahahah Ill do it til they fire me I guess. hahaha

tydwbleach said...

Ps yeah my HS was in Michigan Cranbrook Kingswood. I was a boarder there.