Wednesday, August 1, 2007

OOPS!! Where I live:



This is where I live in McFake McFrance. We live here in this Faux Chateau.

We are renting this house until our Sploded house is demolished and then built again. This is one of those totally contrived planned communities, and all of the English/ French houses surround little parks, and this thing in the middle called The Village... which will contain a Starbucks, of course. We will be moved into our new house probably by the time they build the pool.
Its not a BAD HORRIBLE place to live There are kids and the parents and people are nice enough but its a LITTLE stuffy.. the backyard is very small and all of the houses are very close together.

Its nothing like Canby, or our old house or neighbors... In Canby our neighborhood is like a huge family and we really do all look out for each other and hang out every day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyd---
Kudos to you for taking over the hard work of substituting for Osler. Mrs. CL and I go to Seattle next July for a conference and maybe we can drop down to Portland for a visit. Keep up the good work!

tydwbleach said...

That would be soooo fun!!!

We should be back in our old/new house by then.... of course you never know.... But that would be AWESOME!!!

I am just afraid my blog will be soooo boring.... but I am giving it the old college try.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job, Tyd. I'm just impressed you can get to the computer like twelve times a day, and post more than one entry per day. I'll be lucky if I can figure out this blog thing.

Hey, it must be strange to suddenly live in a different neighborhood, just to be plopped down somewhere you didn't choose. I know things could be worse, but still it must be very odd, to go out the door and see a completely different environment. Do you just, like, do a double take every time you wake up in the morning and go out the door?

Anonymous said...

You're certainly coming up with better clip art than the Prof.

Anonymous said...

Iplawife says the new house looks pretty darn nice. As a guy, of course, I barely noticed. She's right, it does look pretty cool. Does it come with a butler?:> Do you dine al fresco on the patio?

There's no place like home, though.

Anonymous said...

The Stepford House looks very nice, Tyd.

tydwbleach said...

It is TOTALLY a Stepford house.

I will take more pics of the environs today after I get home from my Lightbulbs job. IT IS weird to come home and its all different BUt even though I hate the neighbors and all of that the house itself is growing on me. It has much higher ceilings than our real house. there is aButler's Pantry, (Butler not included unfortunately) and it has upstairs laundry it is 3000 square feet, and Sploded house was only 2600 BUT in the Sploded house? the deal was that the one room we had theBONUS ROOM over the garage? it was like 400 of those Sq feet so I hardly ever went in there because it is full of guitar crap. SO I FELT like Iwas living in a 2200 sq ft house.

I am going to MISS the HUGE master bed and bath, and the upstairs hallway that you can practically land a plane in....

BUT you leave the house and the garage is teeny weeny Both cars BARELY fit and one is a teeny Toyota. The other was the minivan. We would bump doors a lot and could not fit the freezer in the garage so we now are parking the van on the street, which is down the alley way. No place to store the lawnmower either, which is stupiud because the lawn is very small inthe back, but you have to mow it yourself. THe front and everything else they do. NO ONE has an actual DRIVEWAY which makes it very hard to wash your car or anything in fact it may just be against the HOA rules to actually wash your car yourself.

You never hear your neighbors but you never see them either there is really no sense of community and I think these people like it that way.

In Sploded house, I look out the door or front window and I can see like the corner we are like that the bottom of a V so I see two directions I see all the houses of our neighbors, and I can see Spencer playing wiht all of his friends: Tyler and Alli Mead, Lexi, Austin & Twins Brittany & Briana (Morman Dave's Kids) The Merediths (where I work) have four also: Maddie Erin, Nate and Joe,,T hen next door on one side is Josh, Jake Millie and one on the way, and next door on the other side are the Lee's ( whose house also was slighty blown up) their two girls are Taylor and Mackenzie.

ALl the parents look out for each other and stand in teh street and watch the kids at night and we all yell at cars to slow down and keep all the kids safe and talk and laugh and show each other their newest lawn equipment and crap. That is what I miss the most - hanging out and "Whats are YOU making for dinner?" and the latest gossip and making fun of our husbands and all of that.

Anonymous said...

What?! Wives make fun of their husbands? NO WAY!

Ginger Hunter said...

I especially like the gate. It adds to the defensive outer walls without seeming too unwelcoming.

Your blog is fun, and has interesting pictures...I predict many will defect from the Razor.

tydwbleach said...

Well it is not really nice to make fun of people and I try not to make it a habit but these guys just make it so easy!!! I mean every husband in our neighborhood has like a stupid power washer and they are always out doing that.. hahah.

One of them John is obsessed with putting some kind of like concrete sealant on his driveway. He does it like once a year and puts yellow tape on his driveway and no one can walk on it or park their cars on it or anything until it dries and no one does because if they do he will have to start over....

Mormon Dave is like the Mayor..... he is hilarious, and he petitioned the city of Canby over and over and over to get this stupid stop sign put in on our corner and then he runs it every chance he gets...

Steve has like 18 motorcycles and ATV things he is a Canby Police detective but he he loves his motorcycles and he is always washing them with his sprayer thing. His dog, Abby is the most adorable lab and all the kids love her. Steve is the biggest kid of the entire neighborhood, he just is constantly playing basketball or lacrosse or running around with the little kids and his dog. Joel Next door, and Bill always have a little fake argument about who has the worst lawn each arguing that theirs is worse than ours.. But then when the house exploded it was settled The gas co DUG UP the lawn and finally we were the clear winners hahaha

Everyone was so amazing to us when that happened. Joel and his family took all of our UPS and Fed Ex stuff that came. That night after we had finally left for our hotel or whatever, they noticed that our upright deep freeze,l which we had bought only a month before, was sitting in the back yard unplugged. They could not save the stuff inside of course, but they all got together, rolled it into Dave's garage emptied it and cleaned it out totally and stored it there until we could get it again. If it had just sat outside for a week it would have been ruined, all the food rotting inside of it... No one asked them to do this they just did it..There was no way for us to get it at that time because even both of our cars were exploded too, and we did not have a storage unit yet or anything... That was just ONE of the things they did. They took any stuff they could and stored it in all of their garages. They took Spencer's jeep, and his bike and wagon and stuff, and kept all that stuff at their houses so that whenever we are there he can ride them or whatever and play with all the kids. They all watch him while Bill is in there doing stuff. Matt found out I was looking for a job and he hired me immediately to work at his lights thing, which I love.

Its a really nice place to live with great people and kids. Its the people that we love the most. i never really even loved the house that much but now that it will be rebuilt I am looking forward to getting back there in about 8 or so months. BUT it will NOT BE YELLOW. I NEVER liked the yellow color. We will figure out a cool color to paint it.

tydwbleach said...

Hey Ginger that little courtyard gate thingy is so SILLY to me... but we do sit out there and play with the dog occasionally... He easily escapes so we have to watch him.

I hope no one truly defects from the Razor...