
Even though it looks like a Spiderman Wastebasket....
Well Kids.. Now that I have done this I cannot think of anything to write Can you believe it?????
I am sure I will get the hang of it...
Sad news that no one talked about... Tom Snyder died. I liked that guy a lot. I really liked his second version of "Tomorrow " which was on CBS I think sponsored by Letterman or something. I thought he was hilarious. I guess if there were famous or historical people I could meet he would have been one of them. Along with, of course, Princess Diana, Lillian Hellman, Truman Capote, Joan Miro, Picasso, Ernest Hemmingway. Isak Dineson, Brian Boitano, and a bunch of other figure skaters, David Letterman, Cary Grant, I dunno a couple of other people...
WHo would you meet? I know this is a lame question, but its the first day.....
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Wearing a New Hat Today.... Blogger
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Figure skaters? You DO live in Portland, home of Tonya Harding.
As night owl in my teens and early 20's I hated Tom Snyder's stupid show in high school and college and was so glad when Letterman replaced him during my Senior year at College. I do remember that his guests smoked on the air, though.
Yeah his first show was stupid but that last one was pretty good.
Tonya she is my home girl....
I think she defected to Vancouver WA. She got tired of getting arrested in Oregon.
I actually liked the SNL Imitation of Tom Snyder at times better than the real guy.....
Was that Dan Akroyd who played Snyder, or was it a Joe Piscapo character... The SNL version is all I ever knew of him.
I remeber a lot of smoking on the Mike Douglas Show, Dick Cavet's show and, of course Bill Kennedy (Tyd's favorite Detroit personality) smoked like a chimney.
I had a professor who smoked while he was lecturing, right underneath the "no smoking" sign that was in every classroom. But he was a big huge guy with a big huge reputation and was talking about existentialism, and had this real deep voice like James Earl Turner (who he sort of looked like) so nobody was going to tell Professor Nathan Scott, the god of religious/existentialist literature, not to smoke in class.
It was pretty unsettling, though.
One of my teachers in High School, Ms. Chastain, was SMOKIN'! But that's a different subject
That was Dan Ackroyd who did the Tom Snyder so welll "puff puff HAW HAW HAW.."
BUT Bill Kennedy that guy was a LOON. I am pretty convinced he was drunk most of the time. I wonder if I can find a picture of him what a head case.
"......and Now...(remove glasses) .... Back to our movie...."
Post a Comment