
Well I know a guy who goes to Cuba all the time, He is from Michigan and he leaves from Canada. He stays there for like weeks on end and its pretty scary at times but he loves it. He has been followed, and harassed and the people there are great but really paranoid.
I would never ever ever be adventurous enough to go there... The fact that there is really no diplomatic relationship with the US means that if anything does happen to you over there you are pretty much on your own. Too scary for me. But we all know that Donut is deep into the dark world of espionage. He is an agent for the Montessori faction of the toddler underground, a most elite unit, where everyone speaks seven languages, can hide in plain sight and is potty trained. It is my belief that he took Osler to a compound outside of Havana, where he is being interrogated on his knowledge of Lost In Space.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Sooo... the jury is in... Donut took Osler to Cuba...
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Tyd, I love the picture! Cuba, drawing visitors with these great Detroit dream machines (probably used by necessity rather than simple appreciation).
The old 1950's warmly corrupt Cuba does seem inviting compared to the human rights terror that it became. This image sort of sums up the bittersweetness of the whole US-Cuba affair. But, does that make Cuba a bitter ex, clinging to our old class ring?
(I think so...
What I love is the idea of all of those ex-pats just poised and waiting in Miami ready to get back on the boats and stage their comeback.. I predict when Castro goes, hopefully so will the rest of his cronies and maybe it will be as commercial as Disneyland in a few years... Maybe a cool vacation spot once again because besides anything else it seems that it is breathtakingly beautiful....
ehhh... not to defend a criminal dictatorship or anything, but the idea that the Cubans who've stuck it out for 50 years under the commies will welcome back the upper class snobs who escaped with open arms and give them back their mansions and estates and businesses is somewhat questionable.
There's a real strange sense of entitlement to the Cubanos in the U.S. They liked the old system of rich and poor and don't see why the poor might actually have benefited under Castro.
The last thing we need is another Disneyfied place. Legoland, maybe, but no more Disneys!
Anyhow, The Prof. wouldn't go to Cuba if he were choosing rogue regimes. He's not really a hot weather kind of guy. Maybe they went to Russia or one of its former Soviet Republics. Better pastries there too.
Well he was dragged there, remember... by DOnut... and I was sort of talking about my romanticized Robert Redford/ Andy Garcia version of Cuba that lives in my head.
You are probably right!!!!
Not to mention Lucy and Ricky.....
Luuuucy, you got some 'splaining to do!!!!
I always thought Fred & Ethel were one fight away from a domestic violence call, but what do I know. I kind of have a weird fixation on those old TV shows....don't get me started on Bewitched. That jerk Derwood deserved everything he ever got! Samantha and Larry Tate should have hooked up!
Yeah, Lucy and Ricky, too (the domestic violence, that is). And what about Jackie Gleason? His temper used to scare me, as a kid. I did NOT want to be Mrs. Jackie Gleason (or what was his name on the TV show, where he played the bus driver? Fred something?)
Post a Comment