
Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, boysenberry, dewberry, gooseberry, loganberry, marionberry (a cross between the Chehalem and Olallieberry blackberries), tayberry, youngberry, and lingonberry.
ANd there are like hundreds of places you can go to PICK YOUR OWN!!!!!!! Not just in Oregon though. The following site has a list of farms all over the place. There's one near you!!!!
AND not only that I took thos blackberries and made TWO pies tonight with them. Yes, I BOUGHT the crusts... I'm not CRAZY... BUT I made them They are in the oven right now and I am sure they will be either reaally great or Reallly bad.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Types of berries that are grown in Canby, OR
PickYourOwn.org
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
GAWD WHEN is Osler getting back? THis is exhausting trying to think of things to amuse you people.
Too bad I am not a lawyer or a sentencing guidelines expert... The only thing I am really an expert on is figure skating... I know a lot about it...
But WHO wants to fight about that?
You can pick your friends
You can pick your nose
But you can't pick your friend's boysenberries
Mmmmmmm. Boysenberries.
Those are Marionberries... I think. or blackberries or ollalieberries... or googleberries.
I am not a native to the area, and thus did not grow up here in BERRY CENTRAL
but they look like the ones I made a pie with last night and honestly it looks really good. I made two pies, and one we ate (well, started - it was the crappiest looking one) and one I brought over to Matt's for his family because there are two parents and four kids and three cats and they all love my experimental cooking....
BUT get this....I get here and the house is totally quiet and you know what the sound is?????
it is the sound of no Merediths....
Holly is at the hospital with her friend being a lamaze coach, (Holly had FOUR KIDS, with NO DRUGS, and looks like Kate Moss)
the kids are with Grandma, and Matt is of course on the road doing the lights thing, as usual, so there are NO MEREDITHS here to enjoy my googleberry pie.
We tried the one I made last night and honestly, it was not bad though I would change a few things... Anyway The Merediths like anything I make. Even my ten pound banana bread...
I w3as looking at the Pick Your Own farms in Clackamas COunty ( where Canby is) and there is this one placew and I had forgotten that I INTERVIEWED with them to be a purchasing person They were SOOOO FREAKING WEEEEIIIRRD.
You would have to go to work every day on a Lavender farm.
Here is their site.
http://libertynatural.com/olf/
I REALLLLLY dodged a bullet when they did not call me...
or they did? who knows but they were WEEEIIIRRD and I am weird so I try not to judge people but they were very very weird.
I had Lingonberry soda at the IKEA this weekend, it was pretty tasty. Wait, I think that means I have to vote Obama, since I admitted to IKEA'ing. Or was it Edwards? I do like his wife...
I LOVE IKEA..... Well I GUESSS you can shop there and still vote independently.... Just don't tell anyone.
a We always go to the Ikea in Seattle because Bill has to go there on Biz a lot and so we all go but NOW there is an IKEA in PORTLAND it has been open like two weeks and the whole town is there every weekend and I have heard it is INSANE but I do love it there.
I am making Bill get me that new desk there, and also probably going to do Spencer's room in the new house with stuff from there By then he will be out of the Fire Engine Bed.
I got the coolest thing there the last time it is a dish brush that stands on end and I got it for 99 cents.
IKEA is crazy-busy in Austin (a new store too) but I think there are subliminal messages that tell you to buy, buy SOMETHING! My step dad bought a shoe horn that is like 18 inches long. I mean, he doesn't even need a regular shoe horn, much less a clown shoe horn!
Post a Comment