
Wow Where did THIS year go?
Well, though we have yet to indoctrinate him on the whole SANTA thing, Spencer will be getting a few presents this year. They are all wrapped and under the tree. I am not sure why we have not done the whole Santa thing I guess because Bill is sort of against it in a way. His parents were, and they never really had Christmas trees. I could care less though I do remember believing in Santa was one of the more magical things in my childhood.
So anyway. Here is what Spencer is getting for Christmas: Two Leap Frong things one is this magnetic thing that helps him sound out letters and words on the refrigerator and also this Leap Frog MY FIRST COMPUTER thing that also will help him learn to read. I have two friends who are teachers that highly recommended this. AND since Spencer will NEVER EVER be allowed to play NINTENDO or PLAYSTATION crap, this is the closest he will get to that. I am dead set against kid doing video games. I just think they are just CRAP - trashy, violent, horrific, and moronic. I am sure I will not be able to prevent him from doing them at other kid's houses etc but we will never have it at home.
HE also got a KITE, that is like nylon and in the shape of a dragon. He will LOVE it. SInce we have two acres I think he can fly it here without any problems. Also, I got him a kid's Timex Watch really cute with a lizard on it. A piggy bank, a raincoat, oh and an AQUA DOODLE which is like this drawing thing.
His big present will have to wait for after we move into the new house, we are getting him a trampoline, but I guess they are a TOTAL pain to set up and everyone says do NOT get one until we get to the new house. We did find a really good one, though a website called JUMPSPORT is reportedly the best and safest trampoline.
So anyway... tomorrow we will drag ourselves once again over to WHOLE FOODS to get dinner. Sad Huh? BUt you cannot make Christmas Dinner in the Crock Pot, so what is a mom to do.. I spent the day partly today making a replica of the Canby Ferry out of this Cardboard Box. We put signs on it and stuff with tape and ribbons and it looks really cool Spencer uses it to push his little cars around the house.
I also watched a movie called A GOOD YEAR after he went to bed. It was really a great movie. Russell Crowe is in it and its really good I really liked it. It is based on the books by Peter Mayle, who wrote the whole A YEAR IN PROVENCE stuff.
I cannot find my phone or else I would post the pics of the Canby Ferry. Spencer loves it. We had a great time doing it. Then he spilled my Diet Pepsi all over me. Then we ate dinner - frozen stuff from Costco.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Its Christmas Eve..........
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
2:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment