

You get to build a new one from scratch. Now, this cannot be an entirely different house, unless the foundation is toast and if it is, then all bets are off. We will not know this until they completely rip it down.
I have to admit I am looking forward to picking out things like cabinets, fixtures, wall colors, granite, bathroom tiles... all this kind of stuff. We are reusing SOME things but a lot of it got messed up. Some cabinets, for example, LOOK fine, but upon closer inspection have a sticky residue that will not come off. This is because the finish of the wood MELTED.
Until we get to the part where its time to pick stuff out, it really just bores the hell out of me. I am probably being stupid but I am just pretty much letting Bill think about crap like insulation, energy star water heaters, 90 percent efficiency furnaces and all of that other stupid crap. I am pretty much COMPLETELY burned out on just about ANYTHING having to do with the house. I do not even want to hear the word house. I can only spend about 8 minutes maximum a day talking about anything having to do with the house until my head starts feeling as if it will explode. I mean it literally makes my brain just HURT. SO I am letting Bill just worry about crap with the lawyers, WAMU crap, mediation crap I mean, I help, but I really do not want to hear much about anything until it is time to call Habib the Tile Guy so he can come over and revolutionize my bathroom.
Until that time, I would like to pretty much pretend I am at the movies. I am sitting there drinking my 56 oz $7.00 Diet Pepsi, and eating my box of DOTS or NECCO WAFERS(smuggled in from Walgreen's), and my GINORMOUS $8.00 TUB O POPCORN, that is bigger than my head. I am watching a really great and either extremely funny or extremely engrossing movie. No horror ( Freddy), no gross out stuff (Kingpin), no murder after murder(The Departed), no teenagers(American pie), no cartoons(SHREK), no "message" movies (The American President), where at the end you feel like they are saying, "Now, WHAT have we LEARNED?", no weird ones (Vanilla Sky) where at the end you are going WHAT THE HELL was THAT?",nothing about space or aliens(ALIEN), and NOTHING involving four hour epics about dwarfs, elves, or witch school (you know what they are).
Instead I am watching Tootsie, Rushmore, Out of Africa, Michael Clayton, The Firm, Who Killed the Electric Car?, Best in Show, Spinal Tap... something like this. I am at the movies and planning my new kitchen. I pretty much do not want to hear about anything else.
As Martha would say, "Denial. It's a Good Thing."
Saturday, December 22, 2007
ONE fun thing about your house blowing up....
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment