Monday, January 28, 2008

Tear Down begins at dawn....One last rant before I go....

Our House on day of explosion. Those long metal strips in the road are parts of the garage that flew 80 feet and landed there.



7:30 AM to be exact tomorrow AM. I will be there to watch and so will Bill and Spencer, But then Spencer has to get to preschool at 9. Bill says he is sad about it, and that I will be too, and that I do not know how I wil feel until I see it. I maintain that I will be not a bit sad about it, as I am sick of the entire thing and if tearing it downs gets us one step closer to leaving this godforsaken effing goat farm than how bad can that be?????

I HATE the goat farm. I hate the seventies decor, I hate the formica the linoleum and the rose wallpaper all over the place. I hate that it has very little insulation so that it is always freezing cold, I hate the brown shag, the brown water, taking sulfer showers and watching the food chain in action in my own back yard. i hate that my dog came home with a duck in her mouth, and that I even have to know that dogs hunt birds. I hate all the lawn signs protesting the chicken factory or whatever that is supposedly trying to move here. I hate that we have two stinky barns. I hate that we live in this busy road where people fly down it and our dog ran out and was almost killed by one of these cow owning, truck driving yahoos. I hate all skunks, possums, goats, pigs, cows, llamas, alpacas, horses, sheep and that freaking ginormous Great Dane from next door that hangs out in our backyard all the time and lays horrendous turd-a-roonies in our bushes. I hate those weird Amish Children Of The Corn kids who mocked me at the Wilco Farm store when I asked them what they were gonna so with the baby chicks they bought. They were like "Raise them, Like DUH!" I hate seeing guys in Carhart and whiskers and plaid. I hate that I ever have to go into the field with the goat to get Spencer's red wagon and have to avoid stepping and falling into gopher holes. I don't even know what a freaking gopher is nor why they have holes. I hate so many of these weirdos who live out here who look at me like I am insane when I ask them a simple question... "Where do you THINK we will keep the chickens??? In the Coop, of course!!!" You know, I grew up in the suburbs, where the biggest problem was pure boredom. I never had to learn where my food comes from and I am pretty sure I do not need to ever know it now.

Farm Living Ain't the Life for Me. I want my normal kitchen back, to live in my real neighborhood and once again hang out with our friends and talk about normal things and watch each other's kids and trade recipes and all of this stuff, and have fun and just laugh until it gets dark. I want to sit on my patio and not smell and hear cows and donkeys and whatever the f*ck else that guy next door owns....I want to yell at Spencer for driving his Jeep too fast.

I sound like a spoiled rotten little bitch right now, one who was not previously aware that goats are "good eatin'." I wish there was some kind of gas I could inhale that would put me asleep until our house is built and we are all moved in. I am ready for the beginning of the end of this nightmare, so tear the freaking piece of crap, that monument to disaster RIGHT DOWN. Tomorrow AM is fine but if you want to start tonight that is okay too. And I will be the LEAST SAD person there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you do not really sound like the person I know. I guess going through what you have, it is hard not to change. I think the fact that you did not get to choose your temporary change in lifestyle (it was thrust upon you) has a lot to do with it.

Personally I love my Carhart Arctic jacket and I love visiting Feed Stores. And I often regret living in the suburbs, where one community is pretty much the same as the neighboring one...give or take an income level and style of housing. To each his own.

Remember, you WILL be returning to your comfort zone. Lots of people are financially losing their homes and have to walk away for good.

tydwbleach said...

Yah I went a little mental. But its being torn down this minute which is awesome. Not sad looking Fwd to new house. I know we are still very Lucky. It would be better if we did not have to fight so hard to not get screwed. Just trying to stay sane for now. I have awesome kid and HUsband

Ginger Hunter said...

Hey, I really don't like when someone responds to another's tragedy with, "well it coulda been worse"...oh brother. The only thing and best thing to say to someone when something horrific like this happens is: "Dude, that really stinks, feel free to vent to me while I buy you lunch." or "What can I do to help?" or "Are you sure you don't want me to toilet paper the President of the company's house?"

Seriously, you are a major trooper for putting up with this stuff, and I hope you get back to suburbian bliss asap. (We raise up our Starbucks and cell phones in honor of Tyd and the 'sploding house that must fall.)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ginger, Tyd has been thru the wringer and I hope she gets a fantastic 'burbs oasis. Tear down the wall!!!