Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back home from mini vacation, or "STAYCation"

Spencer, all "juiced up," on the toddler version of The Lost Weekend.

It was fun, sort of restful but Spencer was just awful. I mean, I think he is going through a phase he is four, but what a PILL he was!!! Still, we did swim in the pool and stuff. He is still very sweet but he is just reallllly acting up these days. One thing I know was different and I am not sure this makes a difference, is that we normally do not give him juice. I used to fill his lunches for preschool with a juice box, some fruit snacks etc.. lots of crap. They all said, these products, that they had a ton of Vitamin C etc you know? But then when you realllly look at it its nonsense... its just a ton of sugar. So this past year we started giving him an 8 oz bottle of water in his lunch, along with some turkey and cheese cut up, OR half a PB & J sandwich that is made with LOW SUGAR Jam and organic bread and Peanut Butter, and some of those 100 calorie packs like baked cheetos, or those 100 cal cookies... this kind of thing. When he wants dessert he eats FRUIT. In fact he is a FRUIT JUNKIE. Seriously.

The new lunches and the changed to his diet seemed to help and he was in a better mood gradually Finally I just banned all those fruit snacks and juice boxes from the house. However, on this trip I did not want to drag all that water with us so I just got a ten pack of Minute Made apple white grape juice boxes. They had no added sugar and no high fructose Corn syrup so I though we were okay.

WRONG. The kid was like a drunk on a bender with these things!!! He never gets juice anymore and he went a little nuts. He was a total crab, he drank like eight of them and he was at his worst behavior!!!

It did not help that it took us 3 hours to drive the 37 miles to Vancouver, WA on Thursday. This is because are you ready for this????

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/07/crash_shuts_down_interstate_20.html

A guy from CANBY I guess ROBBED a BANK then made the police chase him then finally crashed and get this.. they CLOSED DOWN THE ENTIRE NORTH BOUND I-205 We had to get off, go around the city, pick up the I-5 and then of course got stuck in THAT traffic too. We spent like over an hour just sitting on the Morrison Bridge. NIGHTMARE.

http://www.koin.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=701674AE-F0EB-4347-88C7-5682641A2BAE&gsa=true


I guess no one was hurt in the crashes, but what an IDIOT. Oops I cannot say IDIOT anymore.. I can just hear Spencer... "Idiot is a bad word, Mommy."

It is good to be back, even to the Goat Farm. Although it is time now to call an end to hard Hat Harry for awhile Spencer actually recited the DVD to us all weekend. We saw a truck full of logs and he says, "MOMMY LOOK! A truck full of freshly sawn logs is heading to the saw mill to be cut into smaller pieces for use in the lumber industry!"

Wow. That was very very frightening. No more Hard Hat Harry for a while.

0 comments: